2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

The pats streak actually started in 1994. Their waiting list is currently at 52,000. Both are impressive especially in light of how they used to draw. But neither figure is the current lead much less an all time record.

But this thread is supposed to be about hockey and it seems like the thing to do is to celebrate that sport and its new champions not disagree about teams in other sports.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Geronimo]

But this thread is supposed to be about hockey and it seems like the thing to do is to celebrate that sport and its new champions not disagree about teams in other sports.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

Looking at the age and cap of this roster, they will be very good for years to come. It is a shame that Savard's career is likely over, but this still could be a dynasty in the making.

I agree............with young studs like Seguin, Lucic, Bergeron, Krejci and Marchand, the future is bright. And I have every confidence that Tuukka Rask will be a solid NHL goalie when TT (GULP!!) decides to hang 'em up.

Since a thunderstorm knocked my power out last night & I missed the game because of it,I'm watching the CBC replay on the NHL Network right now. Don Cherry sure knows how to dress doesn't he? My mother recently had a stroke(her second one) & it affects her ability to track movement. I told her to look at Don Cherry's suit. I told her to look left."All I see is a suit". I told her to keep looking left. "Oh my God" was her response.

I agree............with young studs like Seguin, Lucic, Bergeron, Krejci and Marchand, the future is bright. And I have every confidence that Tuukka Rask will be a solid NHL goalie when TT (GULP!!) decides to hang 'em up.

If Dominik Hasek and Dwayne Roloson can still play well at the age of 40, Thomas still has plenty of gas left in the tank.

Just heard on Red Eye, "Should Stanley Cup be blamed for the riots in Vancouver,& if so,should Mr. Cup be tracked down & made to apologize?"

That's funny. I was reading a few articles on the matter. ESPN brought up a few sports riots across North America, and I'n my opinion Chicago didn't demand Disco to appologize, Cleveland didn't demand the cheap 10 cent beer, and Boston didn't demand Vince Lambardi for the 2001 Patriots and the Yankees for the 2004 Red Sox to appologize. So I must respond with no.

On the serious side, CBC brought up an interesting point. Vancouver has now twice been the only North American city to insight rioting when the team looses. That's more a European Soccer thing to do.

On the serious side, CBC brought up an interesting point. Vancouver has now twice been the only North American city to insight rioting when the team looses. That's more a European Soccer thing to do.

Vancouver, "You are the biggest loser." While I have never understood why the winning city celebrates by tipping over cars and setting their city on fire...it's even more idiotic for the losing city to do the same. Heck, I could almost understand if the losing city were to travel to the winning city and raise cain...but I guess that would require too much initiative for these losers.

NBC should use the CBC feed so everyone can see how Don dresses :)

cherryflowersuit.jpg

So is anyone going to tomorrow's parade?

My daughter is, but unfortunately I have prior commitments I must honor. :(

I do have the DVR player on the ready, however :)........it's just a matter of which channel out of 233 I want to record. :D (it seems like every local channel and RSN is covering the "rolling rally")

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)