2012 NFL Draft

Wouldn't it be interesting if Miami swaps spots with the Browns, CONVINCING them they want someone else and either package that a couple of picks for RG3 or steal Tanneyhill.

Wow... this draft might be fun to watch!

very interesting. i haven't been interested this much in a draft for awhile. hopefully miami doesn't screw this up,again.....

What about Brandon Weeden? The only knock on him seems to be that he's 27 years old. Wasn't Roger Staubach 29-30 years old when he started his rookie season with the Cowboys? Look how he turned out.

royrdsjr said:
What about Brandon Weeden? The only knock on him seems to be that he's 27 years old. Wasn't Roger Staubach 29-30 years old when he started his rookie season with the Cowboys? Look how he turned out.

Maybe...but I would need to do my homework on him.

Huge difference, Staubach had a resume, playing ball and came in late because of his service commitment..
I dont know much about Weeden.

After looking, he only has about a season of actually playing time, hurt for a good portion of his time there.

Huge difference, Staubach had a resume, playing ball and came in late because of his service commitment..
I dont know much about Weeden.

After looking, he only has about a season of actually playing time, hurt for a good portion of his time there.

Weeden was originally drafted by the New York Yankees and was traded to the Dodgers in the Kevin Brown deal. He decided to go to Football. He has a great arm, his only bad mark will be his age, teams aren't gonna use a 1st round and possibly not a 2nd round pick, he should be a 3rd or later pick.

I would take Kirk Cousins and Brock Osweiler over him.

Weeden was originally drafted by the New York Yankees and was traded to the Dodgers in the Kevin Brown deal. He decided to go to Football. He has a great arm, his only bad mark will be his age, teams aren't gonna use a 1st round and possibly not a 2nd round pick, he should be a 3rd or later pick.

I would take Kirk Cousins and Brock Osweiler over him.

He still isn't staying healthy ...

I too would take Cousins or Osweiller first.

He still isn't staying healthy ...

I too would take Cousins or Osweiller first.

Yeah he is still recovering from the foot injury he had, didn't play at the senior bowl or participate at the combine. Yet I see mocks having him going 6th to Washington, which is possible. Redskins do crazy things, signing free agents to bad contracts, trading away picks every year.

Looks like the Redskins and Rams have agreed in principle to swap picks and the Rams also get 2 more #1 picks and a 2nd round pick too.

Looks like Glazer says the same...

The plot thickens!

Glazer: Rams, Redskins strike deal for No. 2 pick | ProFootballTalk

RGIII will need all of his athleticism to stay alive from defenses playing against the Redskins next year trying to tackle him. He'll most likely break the rushing record for QB's & be the Redskins' leading rusher next year(not exactly how he wanted to make his mark in the NFL). He maybe(pretty much) more skilled than Tim Tebow,but the Redskins are not the Broncos.

I'm not trying to inject religion into this conversation,but if I was around RGIII when he found out that he was going to the Redskins,I'd make the sign of the cross & bow my head & clasp my hands in prayer in front of him. Sorry for me being so melodramatic,but I just think that the Redskins suck that bad. I feel more sorry for RGIII going to the Redskins than I do Andrew Luck going to the "now(thank you Mr. Irsay for that)" perennial doormat Indianapolis Colts.

royrdsjr said:
I'm not trying to inject religion into this conversation,but if I was around RGIII when he found out that he was going to the Redskins,I'd make the sign of the cross & bow my head & clasp my hands in prayer in front of him. Sorry for me being so melodramatic,but I just think that the Redskins suck that bad. I feel more sorry for RGIII going to the Redskins than I do Andrew Luck going to the "now(thank you Mr. Irsay for that)" perennial doormat Indianapolis Colts.

The good news is that they have $$..they are gonna be OL and playmaker shopping...

The Redskins Defense is good, but their offense sucks, o-line sucks, receivers suck, running backs are just mediocre at best.

The excuses beginning to flow in Cleveland?

In a conference call with Browns season-ticket holders today, Holmgren said "a very close relationship" between the Rams and Redskins prevented Cleveland from moving two spots up in the draft. Holmgren didn't go into specifics about the relationship, but it's well-known that Rams coach Jeff Fisher and Redskins coach Mike Shanahan are close friends.

“Honestly, when it didn’t happen -- I think there are reasons that I can’t go into right now -- but there is a very close relationship between the people getting the deal done and the people who offered," Holmgren said in the conference call. "And I’m not sure anything we offered would have been good enough. We were very, very aggressive and it didn’t work."

Browns: Relationship blocked move for RG3 - AFC North Blog - ESPN

If McCoy starts the opener next year if they aren't able to land one of the few FA QBs left (Flynn, with Henne, Orton, Cambell signed elsewhere) I wonder what the excuse will be then.

Last edited:

Calvin Johnson to be on the cover of Madden NFL '13

Roger Clemens Is Indicted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)