2012 NFL Draft

I agree, this is like an episode of "As the Colts turn"

With all this going on, it wouldn't surprise me that Peyton gets sent somewhere else.

If the Colts have anything to say about it, and they should, he'll be sent to an NFC team.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Peyton needs to see the big picture that the Polians did not have the team prepared for if & when he was injured. If he wants to be a "Brett Favre" about it...... Dude,you were hurt & your team fell apart completely. Suck it up & help prepare Andrew Luck for when you do retire,or you can just sit & pout,& demand that the Colts trade you,either way the future is with Andrew Luck.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he retired. He's made his money, and everyone but Irsay will be gone next season, including many of his mainstays on the field like Wayne, Saturday and Mathis among others.

Last edited:
Peyton Manning can take Jon Gruden's seat on ESPN's Monday Night Football,especially if Gruden goes back to coaching in the NFL. Oh well,it's not the ideal way for Andrew Luck to help with the rebuilding of the Colts.I was hoping that Peyton would be there to help with his development.

Common sense says that the Colts should draft Andrew Luck. They could also draft RGIII & have him start in the backfield or as a wide receiver while Peyton Manning(if he is healthy) starts at QB. The Colts could then develop RGIII into a QB like Kordell Stewart did with the Steelers while using him immediately in another position &/or in wildcat situations. When they feel that RGIII is ready for the QB position & Peyton retires,then he could take over as the Colts QB. My fear is that the Colts will have a brain fart & draft WR Justin Blackmon instead. Nothing against Justin Blackmon,but if you don't have a healthy QB to throw to him,you just wasted a pick.

Common sense says that the Colts should draft Andrew Luck. They could also draft RGIII & have him start in the backfield or as a wide receiver while Peyton Manning(if he is healthy) starts at QB. The Colts could then develop RGIII into a QB like Kordell Stewart did with the Steelers while using him immediately in another position &/or in wildcat situations. When they feel that RGIII is ready for the QB position & Peyton retires,then he could take over as the Colts QB. My fear is that the Colts will have a brain fart & draft WR Justin Blackmon instead. Nothing against Justin Blackmon,but if you don't have a healthy QB to throw to him,you just wasted a pick.

Have you talked with Matt Millen lately, he can tell you all about drafting WR's before having a QB to throw it, he did that for about 7 years.
Actually landed 1 Great WR over the years in Calvin Johnson.

With an Atlanta and Steeler loss yesterday, the Browns are now assured the #22nd overall pick (acquired thru ATL) along with their #4th overall in the upcoming draft.

Here's the draft order so far....

OrderTeamRecordSchedule strength
1.Indianapolis Colts2-14.539
2.St. Louis Rams2-14.590
3.Minnesota Vikings3-13.559
4.Cleveland Browns4-12.531
5.Tampa Bay Buccaneers4-12.551
6.Washington Redskins5-11.477
7.Jacksonville Jaguars5-11.500
8/9.Carolina Panthers*6-10.504
8/9.Miami Dolphins*6-10.504
10.Buffalo Bills6-10.520
11/12.Kansas City Chiefs*7-9.512
11/12.Seattle Seahawks*7-9.512
13.Arizona Cardinals8-8.469
14.Dallas Cowboys8-8.473
15.Philadelphia Eagles8-8.488
16.New York Jets8-8.500
17.Oakland Raiders8-8.504
18.San Diego Chargers8-8.516
19.Chicago Bears8-8.527
20.Tennessee Titans9-7.563

* determined by a coin flip

Now that we know that more thank likely, Luck will be a Colt...IF RG3 does come out... Look for the Vikings and the Rams to trade that pick for a pretty hefty ransom. IF he does not come out... then its WIDE open.

Now that we know that more thank likely, Luck will be a Colt...IF RG3 does come out... Look for the Vikings and the Rams to trade that pick for a pretty hefty ransom. IF he does not come out... then its WIDE open.

I don't really think RGIII is THAT much of a commodity to go #2 overall. OT Matt Kalil would be a no brainier for St. Louis or Minnesota. Shoring up your O-line with a stud lineman is always a good idea with a young QB (Ponder or Bradford). Then you have the stud CB out of LSU (Claiborne), a stud DE out of UNC (Coples), a stud RB (Richardson) and a stud WR (Blackmon) to chose from. I can see RGIII dropping to Washington.

I'M not sure if miami should take a chance and give up so much for RGIII.

I don't really think RGIII is THAT much of a commodity to go #2 overall. OT Matt Kalil would be a no brainier for St. Louis or Minnesota. Shoring up your O-line with a stud lineman is always a good idea with a young QB (Ponder or Bradford). Then you have the stud CB out of LSU (Claiborne), a stud DE out of UNC (Coples), a stud RB (Richardson) and a stud WR (Blackmon) to chose from. I can see RGIII dropping to Washington.

I think RG3 is a VERY good QB. I have seen him play a couple of games and the he is THAT good. Is he as good as Andrew Luck...no. But he is more athletic than Luck and though Luck can run when he has to, RG3 can run because he that is another weapon. He has WR/RB speed with good pocket skills...not great pocket skillz like Luck. He can be a SMARTER and is a BIGGER Michael Vick. ....or EVERYTHING people wished Tebow was.

I think RG3 is a VERY good QB. I have seen him play a couple of games and the he is THAT good. Is he as good as Andrew Luck...no. But he is more athletic than Luck and though Luck can run when he has to, RG3 can run because he that is another weapon. He has WR/RB speed with good pocket skills...not great pocket skillz like Luck. He can be a SMARTER and is a BIGGER Michael Vick. ....or EVERYTHING people wished Tebow was.

Hmmm. Interesting. But will playing the option in College be too much of a learning curve when trying to transform into a pro-style offense? That's one of the big questions on him.

Hmmm. Interesting. But will playing the option in College be too much of a learning curve when trying to transform into a pro-style offense? That's one of the big questions on him.

With the rest of the NFL seeing the success that the Broncos are having with Tebow,especially if they continue to advance in the playoffs,any team could easily modify their offense to accomodate RGIII's strengths. Tebow's success may also make Vince Young a valuable commodity again. Big mobile QB's like Tim Tebow,Cam Newton,& even a healthy Ben Roethlisberger is the wave of the future in the NFL.

Calvin Johnson to be on the cover of Madden NFL '13

Roger Clemens Is Indicted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts