2013-14 NFL Postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best catch of the night goes to referee Terry McAulay, necessary since Joe Namath jumped the gun on the coin toss....

607c8424ab983a44d8ec0e0832f6d9c2.jpg

Broncos wearing orange uniforms at Super Bowl:
1978 - DAL 27 DEN 10
1988 - WAS 42 DEN 10
1990 - SF 55 DEN 10
2014 - SEA 43 DEN 8

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Had Denver won tonight, I could see Manning hanging it up ...
With as bad a game as Denver has played tonight, I think he'll be back next year.

He'll be back but I truly believe he will not go to another SB again. Obviously he's going to be older next season and teams like the Pats will be better. He'll have a shot at going to the Superbowl but don't think he'll get there again. Too bad they met a way superior team.

IMO, this Seahawks defense is the best defense since the 2000 Ravens.

Lot of comparisons being made to the Dolphins of the early 70's. If so, buckle up! Seattle plays the real,the old style smash mouth football most of us around here love.

With the Seahawks win last night, there are now 13 NFL franchises that have never won a Super Bowl: Bills, Bengals, Browns, Titans, Texans, Jaguars, Chargers, Eagles, Vikings, Lions, Panthers, Falcons and Cardinals.

Of course, this is Super Bowl era only. Several of those franchises have won either an NFL championship or an AFL championship.

Of these 13 teams, all but 4 of them have even reached the Super Bowl.

Texans are the only one to not even make a conference championship game (Lions did make it in 1991).

Of these 13 teams, all but 4 of them have even reached the Super Bowl.

Texans are the only one to not even make a conference championship game (Lions did make it in 1991).

When did the new Browns make the championship game?Or do they claim all the old Browns accolades?

From ESPN Stats & Info:

The Broncos became the first team with five Super Bowl losses. They extended the losing streak by AFC No. 1 seeds in Super Bowls to four games.

Peyton Manning’s 12 postseason losses are the most in NFL history, surpassing Brett Favre.

The past six reigning MVPs who were quarterbacks lost their Super Bowl appearance that season.

They claim the ones from before the real Browns moved to Baltimore.

Kind of silly if ya ask me,technically the Ravens are the old Browns,and their accomplishments should go back to when the Browns began.The Titans still claim all the Oiler accolades,as does St.Louis,Indianapolis,and Arizona.The new Browns are nothing more than an expansion team,just like the Texans.Anyway,that's my opinion.

Kind of silly if ya ask me,technically the Ravens are the old Browns,and their accomplishments should go back to when the Browns began.The Titans still claim all the Oiler accolades,as does St.Louis,Indianapolis,and Arizona.The new Browns are nothing more than an expansion team,just like the Texans.Anyway,that's my opinion.

I agree. It makes it very confusing when you're talking about Browns/Ravens/Colts. I guess the city of Cleveland got to keep the nickname and the records for the Browns. Art Modell stole their team, the least they could do is keep the history. What has always cracked me up is old Baltimore Colts fans being bitter about the Colts moving to Indy (and rightfully so). But those same fans now claim a team (Ravens/original Browns) that was steeped in tradition in Cleveland.

if you are a Seahawks fan how many times will you watch this game before pre seasons starts ? :D
I know that feeling and the die hard fans will wear out that game on there hard drive or DVD...LOL....I am still watching ( great back ground noise when nothing else is on) at least once a month game 7 of the 2006 Stanley cup when the Canes beat the Oilers.Think I will watch it again tonight!!..:D.....Congrats Seahawks fans!!!:)..

Last edited:
He'll be back but I truly believe he will not go to another SB again. Obviously he's going to be older next season and teams like the Pats will be better. He'll have a shot at going to the Superbowl but don't think he'll get there again. Too bad they met a way superior team.

I agree.

Lot of comparisons being made to the Dolphins of the early 70's. If so, buckle up! Seattle plays the real,the old style smash mouth football most of us around here love.

Like I said before, the Hawks remind me of the Steelers teams when they went to the SB (Ben's first year) .

Great D, Very good Running game ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)