2013 AL Central

Have not heard that his play in LF has not been good. With that though sounds like he may start the season in the minors. The next few weeks should really show where he is with the bat as he will be facing more major league ready pitchers in later innings as they go a bit more.

I think the tigers will try to trade for a closer. Not sure if it will happen though

I fully expect him to start the season in the Minors (unless he is flawless in LF and hitting everything).
Hopefully he'll be in Toledo, Garcia as well, thou he could north (Garcia).

I will have a chance to see them play daily, at least hear about them, I don't get to alot of games in town, but may this year, usually don't have the time, but may have to MAKE time this year.

I expect both youngsters to start in the minors, but injuries can change rosters quickly. Garcia and Castellanos will be in Tiger uniforms at some point this season. Playing everyday will be more beneficial, than riding the pine in Detroit. As for acquiring a closer, we'll have to wait and see. They certainly have the trade pieces. I don't see Dombrowski making any hasty moves. Unless somebody making an offer they can't refuse, it may be mid-season till we see a move.

I expect both youngsters to start in the minors, but injuries can change rosters quickly. Garcia and Castellanos will be in Tiger uniforms at some point this season. Playing everyday will be more beneficial, than riding the pine in Detroit. As for acquiring a closer, we'll have to wait and see. They certainly have the trade pieces. I don't see Dombrowski making any hasty moves. Unless somebody making an offer they can't refuse, it may be mid-season till we see a move.

Good points Paul,
Tigers very well may wait till the Trade deadline to get a Closer, if they decide at that time they need one.
As for the youngsters, yes, I can see them coming up during the year due to injuries and then sent back down till Sept, or at least August if they decide they want them for the playoff push.

Read that they are going to skip Rondon and give him a bit of a break when he is scheduled to pitch next. He has been wild, well at least Lelyand has said Valverde is not a option

Read that they are going to skip Rondon and give him a bit of a break when he is scheduled to pitch next. He has been wild, well at least Lelyand has said Valverde is not a option

Valverde HAS been mentioned alot of late and he IS available.

He continues to be a FALLBACK option till he's signed somewhere.

Had they went out to get Soriono when they had the chance, tey wouldn't be in this position.

Like I said earlier, they should have got Soriono for 2-3 years and groomed Rondon for the 7-8 th innings like they were doing with Zumaya originally.

I found it to be a Stupid move to just anoint him the Closer role on a team that was already set up to win NOW.

I don't know if theres anything to this thought that I heard today, but Marlins owner now thinking about trading Stanton, he can't get any worse pub than he's already getting ...
Stanton to the Tigers for Porcello, Castellonos and Garcia ...

As a Tiger fan, thats WAY too much ...
People are ohhh and ahhh ing over Stanton, but theres no way of knowing that Castellonos won't be the same player in 2-3 years giving him the same time frame Stanton has in the majors.

I would hate to give up your 2 TOP Prospects plus Starting pitcher for 1 guy that had a great year last year, but may not be any better than what you have in your own prospects.

I would LOVE to have Stanton, but thats too much to give up ... now if you want to drop one of the Top prospects and put Boesch in instead ... that would be more reasonable.

Stanton hit .290 last year and everyone says he's a Star, well, if he goes back and hits his avg. of .265 - .270 after this year, is he really a star ?

I don't know if theres anything to this thought that I heard today, but Marlins owner now thinking about trading Stanton, he can't get any worse pub than he's already getting ...
Stanton to the Tigers for Porcello, Castellonos and Garcia ...

As a Tiger fan, thats WAY too much ...
People are ohhh and ahhh ing over Stanton, but theres no way of knowing that Castellonos won't be the same player in 2-3 years giving him the same time frame Stanton has in the majors.

I would hate to give up your 2 TOP Prospects plus Starting pitcher for 1 guy that had a great year last year, but may not be any better than what you have in your own prospects.

I would LOVE to have Stanton, but thats too much to give up ... now if you want to drop one of the Top prospects and put Boesch in instead ... that would be more reasonable.

Stanton hit .290 last year and everyone says he's a Star, well, if he goes back and hits his avg. of .265 - .270 after this year, is he really a star ?

I also think that is too much for Stanton.

I am watching a little bit of the spring training game against the Phillies on my lunch break. The offense is looking pretty sharp against Roy Halladay today.

I also think that is too much for Stanton.

I am watching a little bit of the spring training game against the Phillies on my lunch break. The offense is looking pretty sharp against Roy Halladay today.

The game is on MLB now ... in case you want to catch more of it.

I wouldn't worry about the outing for Holladay, all the top pitchers have days like that from time to time in Spring Training, Verlander just had one yesterday.

Tigers released Boesch today. It's too bad he didn't pan out after the hot start he had to his career.

Tigers released Boesch today. It's too bad he didn't pan out after the hot start he had to his career.

Well, his hitting never came around after he broke his wrist and he's been a liability in the outfield .... I originally thought he was fast enough to play the outfield, I was wrong.
Only problem i see is he didn't go as part of a trade, 1 less guy to get a Closer or SS with.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I still think trading Porcello will be a mistake. Think back to last season, Foster missed time, Smyly was hurt twice. Now tell me who in triple A is ready to fill in. I'm still not c convinced that Slyly is ready after a short stint last season.

I still think trading Porcello will be a mistake. Think back to last season, Foster missed time, Smyly was hurt twice. Now tell me who in triple A is ready to fill in. I'm still not c convinced that Slyly is ready after a short stint last season.

From what I read today (and that can change tomorrow) Dombrowski is talking about keeping Porcello in the rotation and using Smyly in relief or even going down to Toledo for some regular work.

As you know, the Starting 5 NEVER go the whole season healthy or on a good roll.
There will be times when they will be happy to have a 6th pitcher ready to go.

Worse thing that can happen is to trade Porcello then have a Starter go down early.

Yes, I am on the side of keeping both of them ..... unless we can get a STUD SS, not just another SS, or Stanton, in which case you may see others go as well, like a Garcia, maybe a Dirks as well, seeing Stanton would be taking that Outfield spot.

Lawrence Phillips

Fan suffers life-threatening injuries after being struck by broken bat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)