2013 AL Central

I missed the game since I didn't home until after 7:30 PM...but I did follow the Gamecast. Nice to see JV finally get an opening day win...even though Smyly tried his best (or worst) to blow his win. Anyway, I guess JV was limited to 5-innings due to the weather, a bone chilling 35. Yikes! The southern states like to boast about their college baseball teams, but how do the northern states compete when there is still snow on the ground and the soil is practically layered in permafrost. You can't do it when the College World Series begins in a few weeks. Move it to September and you'll see a different story. Seriously, what is the NCAA thinking? It's not like hockey where the sport is played indoors and there is no excuse for the southern schools not fielding a team. However, you cannot play baseball---at least not very well---when the ground is frozen and the grass isn't growing.

Regardless, it's always nice to get a win. :)

Rest of the bullpen was impressive. Anybody else here besides me think that Albuquerque might make a good closer. He reminds me of Mariano.

I would be fine with giving him a shot. The only problem with him is his arm injuries in the past but he shouldn't have any more risk of injury as a closer than he does as a regular bull pen guy.

If I remember right, Albuquerque was pitching well before that freak accident with a ball hitting him in pregame last year?

I'd like to see him be given a chance.

As for reminding you of Mariano , thats high praise ...

How so ?
He seems to have the same temperament towards hitters. Comes right at them, throwing strikes. He does have something Mariano doesn't have, which is that devastating slider. He just seems to a natural fit to close, yet he's never been mentioned by Leyland as an option. What am I missing here?

That one hurts a little. Both Jackson and Dirks look like they could have caught that ball but held up near the wall. The game still would have been tied but at least they would have had a chance in the 10th.

A little bit of luck always helps. Twins win! It's all of two games in and the weather hasn't been great, but I'm pleased with the starting pitching.

That one hurts a little. Both Jackson and Dirks look like they could have caught that ball but held up near the wall. The game still would have been tied but at least they would have had a chance in the 10th.

I watched some of the post game shhow and then fell asleep, did they ever interview Dirks or Jackson, anyone say what happened out there ?

Jackson was there in time and Dirks looked like he was going for it as Jackson held up ...

He seems to have the same temperament towards hitters. Comes right at them, throwing strikes. He does have something Mariano doesn't have, which is that devastating slider. He just seems to a natural fit to close, yet he's never been mentioned by Leyland as an option. What am I missing here?

If Coke continues to leave pitches up in the zone, we might just see Al Al soon ...

I'm thinking they don't want to use Al Al on like back to back days, they are not sure how his arm would hold up.

A little bit of luck always helps. Twins win! It's all of two games in and the weather hasn't been great, but I'm pleased with the starting pitching.

yes indeed :)
If the wind wasnt so bad today making it cold I would have probably gone

Scary thing....only 23000 there

Go White Sox!!! 2-0. 5 home runs on the season and only 2 K's for Dunn on the season! 95 wins this season.

5 HR's for the team, or for Dunn ?

If it's for Dunn, he's off to a Great start ...
85 is more like it, 90 at best.

Sounds like your expecting your 3-5 Starters to pitch like Sale every time out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts