2013 AL Central

According to the Official Tigers Twitter account the Tigers just signed Valverde to a minor league contract. He is reporting to Lakeland today. Those that wanted an every day closer will have one soon.

According to the Official Tigers Twitter account the Tigers just signed Valverde to a minor league contract. He is reporting to Lakeland today. Those that wanted an every day closer will have one soon.

I like this move. Low risk, possible high return, if he can find his 2011 form.

I like this move. Low risk, possible high return, if he can find his 2011 form.

Agreed. He wasn't that bad last year until the playoffs even if he did make some games more exciting than they should have been. Plus I have to assume we got him cheap.

Too Funny! I was just going to ask if anyone picked up Valverde since he is certainly much better than having no closer at all on the team. Hopefully, he came "right priced" and will lose a few pounds and have a stellar year.

I can't watch these games because of that silly work thing. I am listening on the radio while I work though. The Tigers had guys on 2nd and 3rd with no outs in the 7th and didn't score. Hunter struck out they walked Cabrera to load the bases and then got Martinez and Fielder out. That can't happen with anyone at the plate but especially not that part of the order. Still down 3-2.

What an ugly ugly game for the Tigers today. They have done just about everything wrong that they could in the last couple innings. Good news is that it's still early in the season and there is a lot of baseball to be played.

Yea when they stranded runners in the seventh, I had a bad feeling, 2 runs per game and not great relief pitching gets you a 1-2 start, home opener tomorrow

Twins pitching got into jams today and then gutted it out. Nice job.

Bole prediction: The Twins will lose less than 90 games this year!

Agreed. He wasn't that bad last year until the playoffs even if he did make some games more exciting than they should have been. Plus I have to assume we got him cheap.

So the Ninth inning Roller Coaster will be back shortly.

I'm guessing once he gets in shape and his velocity up to par.

So the Ninth inning Roller Coaster will be back shortly.

Just as long as we win the division...no problem. Perhaps we can develop a closer as the season develops. We shall see.

I'm guessing once he gets in shape and his velocity up to par.

Assuming Nachos Valverde reports to the Mudhens with a pendulous belly, he's in game shape. ;)

The offense has finally shown a little life. The Tigers hitters are having much better at bats here in the home opener than any game in Minnesota.

Son of Cecil parks one in the right-field bleachers. :) Anything attending the home opener at Comerica Park?

I wish! I made it down last year and it was a great time. I work at a CPA firm and with 10 days left of tax season it just wasn't possible this year.

Along with the offense picking up Smyly is also pitching much better out of the bullpen. 9 up 9 down for him today.

Along with the offense picking up Smyly is also pitching much better out of the bullpen. 9 up 9 down for him today.

Scratch that. Leyland let him finish off the game. He went 12 up 12 down with 5 strikeouts. The rare 4 inning save.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts