2013 MLB Postseason

I said he's one of the guys that got us here. He certainly did more than Kelly or the other benchwarmers you want to put in his place.

If you honestly think they are better off with one of those guys in the lineup I can understand what you are saying. I would disagree but at least I could understand it. If you just want to bench him to get revenge on him or prove a point to him I think that's silly. We are trying to win the World Series and we need our best players on the field.

He's not a reliable hitter and he's very avg in the field.
I would trade him for a quality 3B that can hit .300 if possible, move Miggy back to 1B where he's very comfortable.

Now the two nitwits are saying that Middlebrooks made an EXCELLENT decision going to third. If the throw was half way decent he would have been out. Would it have been an excellent decision then?

Do the Sox really need the Umpire's help getting to 3b ?
How about calling Umpire interference ?

Nope, not the umps fault. He was close, but if the throw was on the bag, Middlebrooks would have been out.

Agreed that he would have been safe, seeing Pena got there a little late, but the Ump being IN the play didn't help any.

True, but even if the ump wasn't there I don't think they get Middlebrooks.

Now the two nitwits are saying that Middlebrooks made an EXCELLENT decision going to third. If the throw was half way decent he would have been out. Would it have been an excellent decision then?

That was a sorry looking slide by Middlebrooks. He slid on his left side, which is unnatural for someone righthanded, but he seemed to have committed early to a hand tag, I don't think he could have slid much worse, and yes, a throw to the inside would have had him easily.

Last edited:
That was a sorry looking slide by Middlebrooks. He slid on his left side, which is unnatural for someone righthanded, but he seemed to have committed earlyt to a hand tag, I don't think he could have slid much worse, and yes, a throw to the inside would have had him easily.

I love those slides where the runner stops sliding before arriving at the bag. Classic!

Through all that, I'm still trying to figure why Middlebrooks was pinch running for X there. I always thought X was faster than WMB, and even if he isn't they had Berry as an option on the bench.

You posted that second out before I saw it! What provider are you watching it on?

Uehara seemed to be juggling the ball as he began his delivery on the wild pitch. Can anyone with a replay check for that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)