2013 MLB Postseason

I will make this one post to say congrats to the Cards. I'll be rooting for them in the WS.

ETA: Look for the Cards to be a better offensive force in the World Series. Craig should be back and DHing.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
I feel sad for Vin Scully. I wanted this 25th anniversary win for him Angels fan that I am. May God bring him back for our enjoyment in 2014.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well, those who yearned for new blood in the NL have to wait another year- it's been essentially Phillies/Giants/Cardinals 6 years running.

I was rooting for the Dodgers. I am sick of seeing all 3 of these teams in the world series year after year.

I don't think the Tigers will pull it off, and I don't know whats worse, Seeing the Cardnials or Red Sox win it. As much as I hate Boston right now, I think they are the lesser of 2 Evils when compaired to St. Louis.

Looking at the TBS Era of MLB Postseason Coverage, 2007-13

http://networkedblogs.com/QbD0A

In 2006 when TBS signed its contract to take over most of the MLB Postseason, it was coming in at a time when ESPN and Fox were reducing their commitments. ESPN was starting its big $1 billion/year contract with Monday Night Football. Fox which was wrapping up its contract airing 3-6 League Division Series games, both LCS and the World Series, wanted to cut back on the interruptions to its primetime schedule.

In came TBS which took all tiebreaking games, all of the League Division Series and one League Championship Series. As this was happening, TBS would end its long-time relationship with the Atlanta MLB team in 2007 and begin a 26 regular season game Sunday afternoon schedule the following year. And while TBS would continue its baseball tradition, it would become a national baseball channel instead focusing on one team.

TBS began with exclusive coverage of the League Division Series and one League Championship Series. In 2012, Turner picked up the new Wild Card play-in games while giving two LDS games to MLB Network.

With Turner Sports’ current contract ending as the National League Championship Series winds down, it will continue carrying the MLB, but with a reduced regular season schedule (13 games), one Wild Card Game alternating leagues with ESPN, two League Division Series again alternating leagues this time with Fox Sports 1 and one League Championship Series alternating with Fox as its has done since 2007.

TBS tried some things like the Hot Corner, an online companion to live action. It got over a million views during the time it was streamed in 2007, but it never ran again. It transitioned to Postseason.TV which allowed fans to see alternate angles and hear the TBS calls, but not the actual feeds.

There were some good things about TBS’ coverage and some bad things. And when they were bad, they were REALLY bad.

Let’s take a look at some of the aspects of TBS’ MLB Posteason coverage.

"In 2006 when TBS signed its contract to take over most of the MLB Postseason, it was coming in at a time when ESPN and Fox were reducing their commitments. ESPN was starting its big $1 billion/year contract with Monday Night Football. Fox which was wrapping up its contract airing 3-6 League Division Series games, both LCS and the World Series, wanted to cut back on the interruptions to its primetime schedule."

Fox has a "Prime Time Schedule" ?

Who'da known ....

And right now FOX is seeing it's World Series ratings for 2013 go right down the drain. The hopes of having any type of cross-country "rivalry" or viewership went out the door with the Dodgers ' loss. Their one big hope is to have Boston in the Series to at least have one large, major market involved. Granted, a St. Louis vs. Detroit will whet the chops of any old school baseball fan with such storied history on both teams. But that ain't gonna cut it in Neilsenville.

Well, here we are at Game 6 ... Typically a game 6 means one team is up and one team is down ... it HAS to be that way, so we know one teams fan base would be happy while the other would be doom and gloom ... (not as much as Dodger fan base as they are out of the race now).

I am happy that the Tigers Pitching is getting the credit that they deserve, mainly Scherzer and Verlander and to a degree Sanchez too, but I am really surprised that not a whole lot has been said about the Red Sox pitching, thier Starters have been just as good or VERY close and thier bull pen is WAY better than Detroit's.

I think series generally go to the winner of game 5 in 7 game series in most cases, however, I'm not sure how this one will play out.

IF, the Tigers win tonight, I feel good that they will win in game 7 as well. IF they win tonight.

IF the Tigers lose tonight or in game 7, to some degree, I'm ok with that, The Sox are a lot more healthy to play the Cards than the Tigers are. We all know the situation that Cabrera is in, playing with no legs usually takes away the effectiveness of hitters, Cabrera is a Prime example.
Thats said, If he gets the right pitch I'm thinking he can still do damage.

Has anyone seen Prince Fielder since he came over to Detroit ?
Fielder has been NON EXISTENT in both Playoff Series for the Tigers this year and last.

Really thinking that Mr. Illitch made a huge mistake in signing him as long as he did.
I know that he did it when Martinez went down and he felt he had to make a splash ..
In Princes defense (he has little of that btw) he hit .326 or there abouts last year, NOT this year, .279.

There was talk about him having personal issues this year, but come on, focus when your at the park, leave home, home.

The talk about Leyland "Shaking Up" the line up the other day, was just talk, he move 1 player, Austin Jackson down to 8 and moved everyone else up one. thats not a shake up.

Now if you want to move the line up around, without removing any players, I would go something like this, If you want Jackson still at 8.

1. Hunter
2. Infante
3. Cabrera. My call might be Infante as I like Cabrera in the 3 spot better. (Changed my mind, had Cabrera at 2 like Leyland did originally)
4. Peralta
5. V-Mart
6. Fielder
7. Pena
8. Jackson
9. Iggy

This way you have what little speed at the bottom of the order with Jackson and Iggy and if they get on, you have what was the heart of the order coming up with the exception of Infante, but Infante has hit well in the 2 hole previously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts