2014 MLB Season

Stanton leads the Majors in HRs and RBIs. AND was seen at the Heat game with the jackass owner...could the be a mending of fences. I HIGHLY doubt out, but I will stay optimistic.

Why? Depth is always good. We can't rely all year on guys like Herrera, Holt, and Cecchini, can we?? ;)

I'd like Bogaerts to be shortstop for the rest of the year and the next 10.

I like Brock Holt, to me his bat is better than Drew's.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Holt is a useful bench player. He looks like a keeper. His minor-league on-base percentage (.372) is impressive. But he also has flaws that limit him to a utility role. He can't play shortstop defensively, his arm is good but not more than average for a third baseman, and he has little pop in his bat, with 15 homers in 2,070 minor-league plate appearances and one -- which came last night -- in 236 PAs in the big leagues.

Don't get Ciriaco'd by his hot streak. At 26 years old, he's a role player, and one who deserves a role on this team. Just not a starting one.

If anything, Red Sox fans should be pleased how it's all lining up. Drew is an excellent defensive shortstop who hammers righthanded pitching (.876 OPS last year), something they desperately need. The left side of the infield is aligned the way it was last October, with their best defensive shortstop actually playing shortstop.

And Drew's arrival actually benefits Holt, since Drew's arrival gives them two capable shortstops on the roster, meaning the former Pirate won't be exposed at that position. If anything, Jonathan Herrera is the one who could be most affected by Drew's arrival.

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2014/06/sunday_mail_rubby_de_la_rosa.html

I think the Sox have Cecchini pegged as their third baseman of the futute. Also, I agree with Cosmo, Brock Holt will be a very good utility player but not much more. That said, ride out his hot bat now (kind of like Daniel Nava last year).

When Victorino, Napoli, Middlebrooks and Carp are all healthy, Farrell will have an interesting dilemma with his 14 positional players. Holt, Carp, Nava, Bradley, Sizemore, Drew, Herrera and Middlebrooks can't all be on the roster.

I'm wondering if they can trade him.

NO, your NOT getting ANOTHER 1st round pick from the Tigers, you already stole one.

Whats going on with Drew, you guys don't want him suddenly ?
He had people waiting to sign him, but the Sox signed him before the bidding could begin ...

Btw, it was reported that the Tigers were Not one of them.

Bill Simmons

NFL Week 4 Picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)