2014 NFL off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happy the Steelers didn't draft thier biggest need when he was available for the taking in the 1st round ....
They desperately need CB's and passed on Dennard from MSU, but the Bengals decided he was good enough for them ... :rolleyes:

I really haven't looked at the rest of the picks ...

That said, Shazier will help them at LB greatly, but CB was a much more needed position.

Nothing of note from KCs draft.... projects and backups. Maybe one will turn into a gem. Going to have to do more with less next year to sniff .500.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nothing of note from KCs draft.... projects and backups. Maybe one will turn into a gem. Going to have to do more with less next year to sniff .500.

I'm not sure who is officially drafting in KC,but Reid got a bad rap for his last few drafts in Philly.On paper,KC certainly lost more than they gained.

You guys happy with your team's drafts this year? I know I'm very happy with the Bears this year.

My Raiders got the 2nd best defensive player and probably the 2nd best QB prospect in the draft. They will live with the vets they picked up in their FA signings, but did draft decently for the future. I give our draft a solid B+.

Ok, if your watching the NFL Draft tonight ...

Are you watching NFL Network or ESPN and why ?

I would have thought that it would start at 7, but it looks like its at 8.

I watched NFL network since it annoys me less out of the two choices. Mel Kiper and his hair :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say happy with the Eagles draft.The jury is still out, imo Kelly took too many Ducks and Pac12 player's . I'm hoping the lb works out, and I believe Matthews will make a great wr, other than that no idea.Then again thats why Chip gets the big bucks and I'm a Monday morning qb.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Michael Sam should be automatically named starter for the Rams,in addition,just give him Rookie of the Year,League MVP,he should win every award imaginable & they should make up awards for him to win AND GIVE THEM TO HIM NOW.......and if you disagree,you're a homophobe. No sir,no circus atmosphere will follow him around,not like that Tim Tebow.

Michael Sam should be automatically named starter for the Rams,in addition,just give him Rookie of the Year,League MVP,he should win every award imaginable & they should make up awards for him to win AND GIVE THEM TO HIM NOW.......and if you disagree,you're a homophobe. No sir,no circus atmosphere will follow him around,not like that Tim Tebow.

IMO this kind of passive aggressive sarcasm is just as bad as what you're teasing.

IMO this kind of passive aggressive sarcasm is just as bad as what you're teasing.

If Sam had Ndomukong Suh's talent that would be one thing,but he didn't do so hot during the combine. If he hadn't come out as openly gay,nobody would have cared if he wasn't drafted at all. My local newspaper,in the deep south,had a commentary that if Sam wasn't drafted,it would be a travesty because teams would be considered too afraid to draft an openly gay player. As it happens,he was drafted & you better believe that there will be great pressure on the Rams to make sure that he both makes the team & becomes a starter. I already heard Bob Beckel on Fox News say that he should have been drafted in the first round & the teams in the NFL should be ashamed for not drafting him in the first round. It's very easy to be sarcastic & cynical about this one. It just begs for cynicism.

And some will choose to wallow in it, the business of football will take care of this, I don't care about the rest of the stupidity. See also Tebow.

That sniffing uber douche Mike Silver of NFL Network is the biggest culprit of this. I hate guys like this who have a political agenda that they think everyone should agree with.

That sniffing uber douche Mike Silver of NFL Network is the biggest culprit of this. I hate guys like this who have a political agenda that they think everyone should agree with.

This is why I will vehemently disagree with anybody who wants to compare Michael Sam to Jackie Robinson. Sam has a massive PC police force out there to police comments made against Sam & will push to have commenters punished for ANY negative comment made against him(plus his treatment will be compared to the treatment that Tim Tebow got when he was in the league. Apples & oranges,but there it is.),whereas Jackie Robinson was told to suck it up & take the abuse he received at the hands of other players. The success or failure of of African Americans in MLB rested squarely on Robinson's back & depended solely on how he behaved,something that Sam WILL NEVER experience because of the massive support behind him to succeed,& to crush dissent & nay sayers against him. As Stephen A. Smith says,when it comes to Michael Sam,"the fix is in."

Am annoyed Sam is being stuffed down our throats on a daily basis (more or less for what he is, and not what he can do).

Put me on the homophobe wagon now as I dont think he has the talent to make it in the NFL. If he hadnt come out of the closet, he wouldnt be a media sensation and no one would know who he is.

I firmly believe he's being used as a PR/Rights agenda than for his talent and whoever thinks he's not getting preferental treatment is living on the USS Haler.

**ie- a 6th rounder is getting more attention then the first over all pick?? It aint because he's got talent.

I pity the GM who's going to have to release him and I feel bad for the kid for being exploited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)