2014 NFL off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the NFL a brutal,physical sport?Most definitely.That said,I don't sympathize with players bitching about playing Thursday night games.They get payed to play,they know the deal when they enter the draft or free agency.I support them in not playing 18 games,that's just too many,and not needed anyway.If I were an NFL player,I'd be happy that I had the opportunity to play on a national telecast,instead of a home game non sellout,and blacked out.Such is the case a lot of times for teams like Jacksonville.With Thursday night games,all 32 teams get at least 1 game on national tv.

Ralph Wilson- the many who made football possible in Buffalo.

As a lifelong Bills fan, thanks for making it possible to be a Bills fan in the first place.

He lived a full life no doubt. I just hope the team stays in Buffalo.

From the little Ive read about R. Wilson, he was firm that the Bills stayed in upper NY. Now with his passing and the state of the RW Stadium, I wouldnt be surprised if Junior relocates the team (Toronto, L.A) within the next 3 seasons.

From TSN.CA

The future of the team is now in the hands of Brandon and Wilson's second-in-command, Bills treasurer Jeffrey Littmann. For the meantime, the Bills are expected to be placed in a trust before eventually being sold.

R.I.P. Ralph

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Is the NFL a brutal,physical sport?Most definitely.That said,I don't sympathize with players bitching about playing Thursday night games.They get payed to play,they know the deal when they enter the draft or free agency.I support them in not playing 18 games,that's just too many,and not needed anyway.If I were an NFL player,I'd be happy that I had the opportunity to play on a national telecast,instead of a home game non sellout,and blacked out.Such is the case a lot of times for teams like Jacksonville.With Thursday night games,all 32 teams get at least 1 game on national tv.

No, there are a few teams that aren't on regular broadcast locally, not many are blacked out regularly ..

I heard tonight that the NFL (No Fun League) is banning the spiking the ball over the goalposts ...
You will be fined ...

More Goddell garbage.

I see very little improvement in the Jets.Right now they look like an 8-8 team again.Vick can't stay healthy,has fumbulitis,and takes way too many unnecessary hits.Now if they get Djax,which I hope they don't,and improve the secondary,they could make some noise.

Would you want your team's bye week to be week 1 or week 17?? .
my team.. the Browns for the 15 year makes no difference. but to be fair rotate it over 30 years, that's my free logistics plan. this way they could have 18 - 20 weeks of games by adding bye weeks and still play only 16 games.

They get a short week going into the game, but get about 9 days off after...
my plan 9-10 days before game and then 9 days off after = happy well rested players. and the NFL still get the $$.

I heard tonight that the NFL (No Fun League) is banning the spiking the ball over the goalposts ...
You will be fined ...

More Goddell garbage.

I truly believe that THIS is the most serious problem plaguing the NFL today & I applaud Roger "Vladimir Putin" Goodell's stand in banning it(I hope people realize that I'm being very sarcastic).

Beware, Jimmy Graham: NFL outlaws dunking over the goal post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...aws-dunking-over-the-goal-post-172314789.html

And please Roger,MORE Thursday Night games in London,UK in an 18 game season(along with ALL 32 teams able to make it to the playoffs),you are soooooooooooooooooooo wise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)