2015 AL Central

Tigers are starting to look like last years, all over again ...
Get off to a hot start and then fall off dramatically.

They got off to something like 11-2 start, now have lost 3 of 4 and starting out tonight getting pounded .

The Tigers win another series and it's on to Minnesota. The in division play has been really heavy so far this year. I heard on the radio broadcast yesterday that the Tigers will be the ESPN Sunday Night game 3 times in the month of may. I was joking about the Yankees earlier in this thread but the Tigers seem to be getting a lot of national broadcast love this year too.

The Tigers win another series and it's on to Minnesota. The in division play has been really heavy so far this year. I heard on the radio broadcast yesterday that the Tigers will be the ESPN Sunday Night game 3 times in the month of may. I was joking about the Yankees earlier in this thread but the Tigers seem to be getting a lot of national broadcast love this year too.
And suddenly they can't beat the yanks.
They've had thier number in the post season of late.

I look for an impressive bounce back game tonight for Tigers David Price.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for that last game. It was in the low 30s and snowing pretty hard when he was getting shelled. Yes, both teams had to deal with the same conditions but that's hardly baseball weather. Unfortunately it's pretty chilly out again today but nothing like his last start.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for that last game. It was in the low 30s and snowing pretty hard when he was getting shelled. Yes, both teams had to deal with the same conditions but that's hardly baseball weather. Unfortunately it's pretty chilly out again today but nothing like his last start.
Should be between 45* and 50* thruout the night.

I believe for the 1st time in history, a MLB game will be played in front of NO BODY.

Sadly, thats the case in Baltimore today.
I think they said this is the Wh Sox only trip to Baltimore this year.
They missed yesterdays game, so why not have them play a 1 pm game and a 7 pm game in Baltimore to catch up ?

I believe for the 1st time in history, a MLB game will be played in front of NO BODY.

They missed yesterdays game, so why not have them play a 1 pm game and a 7 pm game in Baltimore to catch up ?
Strangely, the game is going on and Fans are on the outside of the gates looking in watching the game.

Couldn't do the 7pm game because of the 10pm curfew, even with no fans. Sox go back on May 28 I think to play a makeup doubleheader.
Kind of surreal watching today's game, could hear O's announcers in the background during the Sox telecast.

Tigers getting beat bad 2 straight by the Royals ...
Thats gotta STOP.

Nice thing about the 4 game series, 1 win in the series and KC can only pick up 2 games at most.

Tigers getting beat bad 2 straight by the Royals ...
Thats gotta STOP.

Nice thing about the 4 game series, 1 win in the series and KC can only pick up 2 games at most.
David Price was on his game tonight with a 5 hit, 1 run complete game performance, throwing only 106 pitches.
Tigers win 2-1.

David Price was on his game tonight with a 5 hit, 1 run complete game performance, throwing only 106 pitches.
Tigers win 2-1.

For a low scoring game that one was fun to watch. I think the rivalry with KC is going to be fun this year.

Tigers lose 1st game to the White Sox, yes, the same Sox team that was 3-7 in the last 10.

Time for the Tigers to demote Shane Green and bring up someone from AAA Toledo.
Greene has struggled in his last 3-4 starts.

Tigers blow a late lead, but win on a walkoff homer in the 10th. I'm hoping for a big more consistency up-and-down the lineup. What's the status on Verlander and Victor?
Win was actually in the 11th, on a McCann HR.

I'm hoping/expecting a WHOLE LOT more consistency.

Haven't heard much about Victor other than he's on the 15 day DL, I'm sure he's rehabbing as needed.
Rondon is ready for a trip to the minors (Toledo) for rehab game action, pitching tonight and Sunday I believe, they said they want him to be able to go back to back days without issues before they will bring him back, so I would say if all goes well, a few weeks.

Verlander they were talking about a bullpen session and then a Simulated game later in the week I would presume.
If he clears that, hes good to go, however I can see it taking a bit longer , just make sure he has the ability to go full strength and last 7-8 inning, so it might take him a bit longer than Rondon as Rondon only has to be able to pitch 1 inning.

Should be hearing something in the next week as far as Verlander I would think.

Justin Verlander threw on the side and is scheduled to have a Simulated game on Tuesday in Oakland.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2015/05/22/verlander-throw-sim-game/27809383/

If would be nice if he returned to the lineup and returned to form. Then again, we have quite a few on IR who need to return healthy and hungry...with V. Martinez atop that list. Meanwhile, what the heck is going on with the Twinkies this year? They are playing out-of-the-minds!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts