2015 NCAA football discussion thread

In reality, THE (current) poll does wait. The coaches and AP are essentially meaningless now, and no more relevant to college football than a poll a random poster here might put out.
You are correct .... the polls at this point mean Nothing .... they are only there so we have something to talk about before Nov.

And here I thought the Patriots were the only crybabies...

I'm sure most people wouldn't be thrilled to see a sign like that about their dad/husband. Letting people know it got to them was stupid though. Now that the a**holes know they will get results by going down that road they will do it even more than they were before.

Can't stand to be in the public eye, then get out of it. Simple as that.
Meyer set himself up for that long ago with his "retirement for health reasons" reversal.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Can't stand to be in the public eye, then get out of it. Simple as that.
Meyer set himself up for that long ago with his "retirement for health reasons" reversal.
I agree, a certain amount of this type of stuff goes with the territory. If they can not handle it, distasteful or not, then perhaps a new line of work is in order.

As was stated above, now that it is known to bother them, you can dang sure expect some to use that joke even more than before.

I agree, a certain amount of this type of stuff goes with the territory. If they can not handle it, distasteful or not, then perhaps a new line of work is in order.

As was stated above, now that it is known to bother them, you can dang sure expect some to use that joke even more than before.
People, this was the FAMILY, not Meyer.
I'm sure Meyer can handle it, he's been in the media plenty long enough to not let it bother him.

People, this was the FAMILY, not Meyer.
I'm sure Meyer can handle it, he's been in the media plenty long enough to not let it bother him.
I can understand a want to leap to a defense, but they, as family of a public figure should really know when it's needed and when it is not.

As you said Urban likely did not need any defense. In commenting , and understandably with vigor, they likely only encouraged more in the future. It was not a smart response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can understand a want to leap to a defense, but they, as family of a public figure should really know when it's needed and when it is not.

As you said Urban likely did not need any defense. In commenting , and understandably with vigor, they likely only encouraged more in the future. It was not a smart response.

Well, if that happened to your family member you'd probably do the same .... and then realize what you did ...

Much like hitting the button on Twitter/Facebook ... you just can't take it back.

Well, if that happened to your family member you'd probably do the same .... and then realize what you did ...

Much like hitting the button on Twitter/Facebook ... you just can't take it back.
And like I said I understand.

But going back to our former point, it's a public life position. It comes with the territory.

With some jobs you, and your family have to use better judgment.

There are things I do not comment on on social media because of my job and company. Even if I want to. It just would be the wrong thing to do.

And like I said I understand.

But going back to our former point, it's a public life position. It comes with the territory.

With some jobs you, and your family have to use better judgment.

There are things I do not comment on on social media because of my job and company. Even if I want to. It just would be the wrong thing to do.

Remember, HE (Urban) didn't do Anything ... it was the family that jumped in.

I think the meme was funny. But, the biggest hypocrites in this is ESPN. They promote that sign and the Ole Miss girls are easy sign yet when they were at the Boston College campus last Friday for the FSU game. They had their security out confiscating signs. I guess it is OK when the sign is meant for anyone except themselves.

SOMEHOW, Urban Meyer has decided to stick with Cardale Jones as the Starter for the Buckeyes, unless he "doesn't take care of the ball".

This is very sad news for Buckeye fans after watching Jones struggle in each of the previous 2 games .... 2 picks and poor judgement last week brought JT. Barrett into the game ... Buckeyes won the game with thier defense last week.
O Line must get it together to give either QB a fighting chance.

Man that Memphis and Cincy game last night was pretty good... Cincy's backup QB did good till last play of game. These guys calling plays in the booth need to stop giving their opinions on things when they are clearly wrong and proved wrong with reviews. That hit on Keil was fair play not a targeting and was ruled not a targeting with replay. That dude has been hit hard at least 4 times I know in the last two seasons, once again VT last year in the Bowl game and laid out for a while.

I see UVA getting beat by 20+ tonight by a so so Boise St team.

Man that Memphis and Cincy game last night was pretty good... Cincy's backup QB did good till last play of game. These guys calling plays in the booth need to stop giving their opinions on things when they are clearly wrong and proved wrong with reviews. That hit on Keil was fair play not a targeting and was ruled not a targeting with replay. That dude has been hit hard at least 4 times I know in the last two seasons, once again VT last year in the Bowl game and laid out for a while.

I see UVA getting beat by 20+ tonight by a so so Boise St team.
I agree with your assessment.
I saw it and thought it was a fair and legal hit live and confirmed it when I saw the replays ... you could see the defender clearly lowered his body in an attempt to hit him lower ... he actually hit him with the shoulder pads .

Like many actual players mentioned today when discussing it, commented that when you hit with the shoulder pads your gonna invariably hit the helmet.

I do believe that Kiel was out cold on the field till they got him to the runway into the locker rooms where you saw him talking.

He was Concussed last week and cleared during the week, I wouldn't be surprised to see them sit him out this week.

The back up did a great job and almost won the game.