2015 NCAA football discussion thread

I see UVA getting beat by 20+ tonight by a so so Boise St team.

Lol called it... 56-14 not even half way thru the 4th quarter yet. Their QB sucks... hell he threw a INT pick6 on first play of game and I think 3 more INT's before he didn't come back in. Wouldn't surprise me if you hear about London getting fired tomorrow or tonight even. Boise St this year is just horrible...to put that much up on UVA is just funny and even more funny towards Notre Dame whom almost got beat by UVA.

My alma mater, Central Michigan, is giving #2 Michigan State a run for their money. The last game I went to at Spartan Stadium was when Central beat MSU 29-27 in 2009 on a field goal with no time on the clock after recovering an onside kick. I was a junior in college at the time.

I'm not expecting a repeat today but it's been fun to watch.

Edit: Well that fell apart quickly. When I posted that CMU was down 7 with the ball heading into the 4th quarter. They also had too good drives earlier in the game that ended with blocked field goals. For the first 3 quarters of this game they were giving Michigan State all they wanted. Things changed quickly in the 4th quarter. It's now 31-10 Michigan State.

Last edited:
ASSOCIATED PRESS Top 25 for Sept. 27

1. Ohio State (45)
2. Michigan State (5)
3. Ole Miss (10)
4. TCU
5. Baylor
6. Notre Dame
7. UCLA
8. Georgia
9. LSU
10. Utah (1)
11. Florida State
12. Clemson
13. Alabama
14. Texas A&M
15. Oklahoma
16. Northwestern
17. USC
18. Stanford
19. Wisconsin
20. Oklahoma State
21. Mississippi State
22. Michigan
23. West Virginia
24. Cal
25. Florida

Others receiving votes: Toledo 68, Oregon 64, Arizona 48, Boise St. 38, Iowa 37, Texas Tech 36, Houston 23, Duke 18, Temple 17, Miami 14, Kansas St. 12, Memphis 11, NC State 10, Navy 9, BYU 5, Minnesota 5, Tennessee 4.

Coaches Poll Top 25 for Sept. 27

1. Ohio State (61)
2. Michigan State (2)
3. TCU
4. Baylor
5. Ole Miss (1)
6. Georgia
7. Notre Dame
8. LSU
9. Florida State
10. UCLA
11. Clemson
12. Utah
13. Alabama
14. Oklahoma
15. Texas A&M
16. USC
17. Northwestern
18. Wisconsin
19. Oklahoma State
20. Stanford
21. West Virginia
22. Mississippi State
23. Florida
24t. Cal
24t. Oregon

Others receiveing votes: Michigan 84; Arizona 72; Kansas State 66; Miami (Fla.) 61; North Carolina State 52; Boise State 47; Duke 44; Iowa 44; Memphis 42; Texas Tech 22; Temple 18; Toledo 15; Auburn 8; Georgia Tech 6; Missouri 6; Minnesota 6; Houston 5; Kentucky 3; Indiana 2; Tennessee 2; Illinois 1; Brigham Young 1; Navy 1.

Yeah !
Toledo Rockets !!!
Up to # 26 :)

Will they go any farther if the keep winning ?
They have beat 2 Power 5 Teams this year so far, I don't think they have any more on the schedule Power 5 wise.
I know Northern Illinois will be a huge game once again for them, as will the Rivalry game with Bowling Green (who has beaten 2 Big Ten teams this year.)

Coaches poll doesn't like them as well, only at about 37.
Then again, I don't know if the Coaches poll counts anymore anyways.

So we lose to ECU again for some odd damn reason..... but wait that reason is yet again Injuries!!! Our star corner is out for the year after sitting out for this game. I swear VT just can't catch a break and to make matters worse we have a hurricane that will likely drop 10+ inches of rain on the game saturday!!! Now I'm all for football weather but really.... playing while a hurricane hits land??

So we lose to ECU again for some odd damn reason..... but wait that reason is yet again Injuries!!! Our star corner is out for the year after sitting out for this game. I swear VT just can't catch a break and to make matters worse we have a hurricane that will likely drop 10+ inches of rain on the game saturday!!! Now I'm all for football weather but really.... playing while a hurricane hits land??

Every team gets nailed with injuries. Notre Dame is my team. In the first quarter of the first game we lost our starting running back who led the team in rushing yards last year. In the second game we lost our starting quarterback for the year. In the third game they lost one of their best defensive players for the year.

Obviously some teams get it worse than others but I think we just tend to notice our own teams injuries more than others. There are very few football teams who make it through an entire season without significant injuries. What matters is how ready the next guy in line is.

Every team gets nailed with injuries. Notre Dame is my team. In the first quarter of the first game we lost our starting running back who led the team in rushing yards last year. In the second game we lost our starting quarterback for the year. In the third game they lost one of their best defensive players for the year.

Obviously some teams get it worse than others but I think we just tend to notice our own teams injuries more than others. There are very few football teams who make it through an entire season without significant injuries. What matters is how ready the next guy in line is.
How are you liking your new QB ?

What year is the QB that went down ?

How are you liking your new QB ?

What year is the QB that went down ?

Zaire who is out for the year is a junior. Kizer who took over for him is a sophomore and has played better than you could ask him to considering he wasn't expected to play this season or next season. It should be quite the QB battle between these two next year depending on how Kizer does with the rest of this season.

Zaire who is out for the year is a junior. Kizer who took over for him is a sophomore and has played better than you could ask him to considering he wasn't expected to play this season or next season. It should be quite the QB battle between these two next year depending on how Kizer does with the rest of this season.
I watched Kizer play in High School ... he's gonna be a good one.