2015 NCAA football discussion thread

I'm guessing you've never been to Starkville. ;)
:D

In all seriousness, that place has really improved over the last decade or so. Still, hard to shake the pasture school image, but the town and area are really quite beautiful.

Prescott is gone. Like Urban when Tebow left florida, he can see the wheels coming off that particular bus.
Yeah, Mullen knows things will never be as good as they are, and Miss St. is headed back to being the bottom dweller it's known for. He'll never be more marketable for going to a decent school.

And since I like statistics that take into opponent strength over the homer eye test (including my own), lets look at the current data for 2015.

Combined F/+ Rankings
Alabama 1
Clemson 2
Oklahoma 3
Ohio St 4
Mich St 8
Iowa 24

I dont have a problem with that at all, and would love if the playoff started with that top 4 tomorrow.

S&P Offensive Ratings (adjusted for opponent strength)
Oklahoma 3rd
Clemson 11th
Oh St 13th
UNC 19th
Mich St 26th
Bama 28th
Iowa 47th

S&P Def Rankings (also adjust for Opponent)
Bama 1st
Clemson 6th
Oh St 8th
Ok 13th
Mich St 18th
Iowa 27th

I have followed these numbers a couple of years now, and you always note a team that is overanked (Ill admit FSU was last year when you paid attention to these numbers). Iowa is that team this year, and their result is usually a loss at some point.
I think the playoff needs 8. It would end all the arguing about who should be in then. The undeated could go in even if from a creampuff conference and it would all take care of itself.

I saw a claim they are close to announcing, so maybe we will see soon. Miami generally has not wanted to spend as much on football lately so I do not know how that may limit them.

I still also do not get why Mullen wants out of Miss St so bad.
Because he will never win in the SEC WEST. Its hard to believe any team can come out of the WEST undefeated.

I have little respect for those type of coaches.

You know, I agree, but when you have 9-3 (and not one off season winners either) consistent win coaches being let go, and another on the verge last week that had a similar record and a natty, it's hard to blame the coach for looking out for himself or striking while the iron is still hot.

It's gonna get worse. Coaches that see something coming will likely start looking to abandon ship while they have the name rather than being fired and perhaps hurting their future earning potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, two extremes and neither are good.

Not sure what I think about Richt at Miami. He fought for years to get an IPF and he goes to a school that doesn't spend as much money on football and will not have an IPF. He also proved at Uga he could recruit top 10 and top 5 classes, but always led to soft teams. Not sure how serious UM is taking football either.

I think it's good for the ACC, and he will be better than Golden, but I don't think it's the homerun swing that UM fans are claiming it is.

I guess we will find out of Richt can change the "image" and "values" of Miami. I am really surprised he jumped to another job so quickly. But, he went to school there, right?

Boy does LSU look like a clown show this week.

The more they release about why they stopped it the worse they look, and some of it they are throwing out about actually having negotiations with Fisher are a bit of reach. It would been best just to shutup and smile.

Top it all off you have the President of LSU saying he was unaware (sure, like they were going to fire Les and he wouldn't know) and using the reasoning of it would have cost too much to make the move.

Ummmm, everyone one the internet knew both Les's and Jimbo's buyouts and contract details. No mystery there fellas...

Top it all off, no one at FSU was ever contacted by Sexton (agent) and Fsu's Prez simply called Fisher Friday night and asked, and that's when Fisher said he wasn't leaving.

With all the leaks, especially from the booster dinner that was supposed to be private, I think some high level boosters tried to make a move and made everyone look like fools.

really should be a great weekend of games.
REALLY ?

SEC game is probably gonna be a snoozer ... Unless Florida can find an Offense and D can some how stop Henry.

ACC could be a very good game ....

Big Ten game doesn't matter either way, winner is more than likely in, loser out.

Pac 12 game Stanford should take care of business.

Me being a Buckeye fan, NEED a lot of underdogs to win this weekend, while not expecting them to happen.

I don't know who to root for in the Big Ten game ...

REALLY ?

SEC game is probably gonna be a snoozer ... Unless Florida can find an Offense and D can some how stop Henry.

ACC could be a very good game ....

Big Ten game doesn't matter either way, winner is more than likely in, loser out.

Pac 12 game Stanford should take care of business.

I agree on the Bama/UF game (prediction computers range from 12-18 pts bama and will prob be worse), and the ACC (Clemson only favored around 5 to 8 by computers). Im excited to see Iowa Mich St as well because it should be a close game. Ill watch just about any game if it's close. Computers arent too high on Standford so I wouldn't assume it's a beat down.

FEI and S&P+ Predictions:

Bama 27-10 85% win probability; Bama by 12pts 75%

Stanford 35-27 70%; Stanford by 2pts 53%

Clemson 30-22 70%; Clemson by 14pts 80%

Mich St 31-21 72%; Mich St by 5pts 62%

70% and higher are about 80%+ accuracy, below that, flip a coin on the result.

I personally hope they are all correct, and all those teams wins because they are all who I planned to pull for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)