2015 NCAA football discussion thread

I haven no problem with a school turning down a lower tier bowl. If Minnesota wanted to decline their offer to the Quick Lane bowl because they only have a 5-7 record and they don't want to lose money by playing a bowl game against Central Michigian more power to them. If more schools declined the low tier bowls that would be another way to naturally reduce the number of bowl games.

Probably not because I don't typically watch the low tier bowls. I only watch the bowls I actually care about. I'll watch all the former BCS bowls, and a few other ones that look like good match-ups. I have no desire to sit through the CMU vs Minnesota type bowls though.
agree.

I hope they adopt it. Im tired of the endless horrible bowl games filled with teams that absolutely stink.
state_machine3.jpg

Problem solved.

Reactions: king3pj
My vote would be .... you have to be at least 2 games over .500 for a bowl game.

That doesn't do any good when there are so many bowl games. The first step is eliminating about 10 bout bowls and then you could start enforcing those rules again. Right now I believe there are 41 bowls and there just are not enough teams over .500 so they have to use teams with losing records.

That doesn't do any good when there are so many bowl games. The first step is eliminating about 10 bout bowls and then you could start enforcing those rules again. Right now I believe there are 41 bowls and there just are not enough teams over .500 so they have to use teams with losing records.
Bowls were at about 30 10 years ago and that's still more than what's Nessasary.

I prefer my bowls to be ones that have good teams involved.

Well, Aubie took two runs at our DC, with stupid sized 3 year guaranteed money (probably because coaches know the Gus experiment is failing and are skeptical), but it seems he has turned down both. Should know for sure today. If he did, means Jimbo gave out a nice raise too...

Looks like Pruitt back to Bama, that dirtbag continues to luck out.

I was hoping with the loss of Smart that we could get Pruitt back to Bama. Solid DC hire if it pans out.

He is a good DC, just a toxic douchebag. It wont matter as much at Bama because Saban runs that show and his undermining tricks won't matter there. You can't undermine a god. Plus Saban already has babysitting experience with Kiffin.

Looks like Pruitt is done
Kelly turned down Aubie
Aubie is looking at Lance Thompson

Alabama: Alabama has now announced the hiring of Jeremy Pruitt as defensive coordinator.

Ohio State: Per Adam Schefter, Greg Schiano is expected to join Urban Meyer’s staff as associate head coach / defensive coordinator.

Florida State: Per source, despite Auburn’s attempts, defensive coordinator Charles Kelly will stay at Florida State.

footballscoop.com

Rafael Palmeiro

NFL games in China? It could happen by 2018, according to report

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)