2016 NCAA pre season football discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see going to the Bristol game as an event, just to say you were part of the crowd. But personally, if my team were to agree to play in such a game, I would not go. The majority of the seats will be garbage for viewing a football game. It just is not designed for the sport.
Much like the Winter Outdoor Hockey Classic which I would not go to as you are no where near the ice to see whats going on in most places.

Found these showing the awful sightines for the game at Bristol.

YgJwbLo.jpg

vw42E4K.jpg

VeDiqxP.jpg

With the prices for the game being what they are, why fans were so for wanting it there boggles my mind.

I know why the schools were. Money.

Some of the seats in the last picture show a building obstructing the view.

My seats will likely be around 50yard line on the finish line side of the track... connections baby...connections! When you know a man that has his name on one of the buildings there at VT you get what you wanna get :)

My seats will likely be around 50yard line on the finish line side of the track... connections baby...connections! When you know a man that has his name on one of the buildings there at VT you get what you wanna get :)
They Why are you not on the sidelines ? Lol.

Problem is, the 50 yd line seats are still 100 yd's from the field. Like I said, ALL seats suck.

YgJwbLo.jpg

I think they are going to have temporary seating on the sidelines and on the ends. Which will further complicate the lower levels in the grandstands.

Great question. I haven't even looked at them. I believe they are in the end-zone, but not 100% sure. To be honest, this is just going to be a big party. They have also put in a large screen that will be over the field.

Now, when it comes to attendance record..... are they gonna go by tickets sold ..... or Butts in the seats ....
Fair question, but I don't think it will matter. If there are 150k+ tickets out there, 35k people could stay home and the record will still be beat.

Great question. I haven't even looked at them. I believe they are in the end-zone, but not 100% sure. To be honest, this is just going to be a big party. They have also put in a large screen that will be over the field.
If a big tv is needed to watch the game, then I'd rather be in air conditioning with a cooler to my side. :D

Reactions: osu1991
If a big tv is needed to watch the game, then I'd rather be in air conditioning with a cooler to my side. :D
Totally hear ya. That said, it is going to be a big party. Beers will be more expensive than at home, but they will be flowing (along with the whiskey). It is an 8:00 PM kickoff so it shouldn't be too hot.

Fair question, but I don't think it will matter. If there are 150k+ tickets out there, 35k people could stay home and the record will still be beat.
I understand that .... I'm just curious ....
Butts in the seats is the real way to do it for all games, not how many tickets were sold.

Reactions: lakebum431
I understand that .... I'm just curious ....
Butts in the seats is the real way to do it for all games, not how many tickets were sold.

Both methods can vary too much for different reasons

. Often there are far more in the stadium than tickets sold or seats available.

Bama never reports more than the capacity of the stadium itself, Even if, and I've been where it's been far more, there are people standing in the aisles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

So what are your thoughts on your teams upcoming season?
I will look at Bama.

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result
09/03/16 vs. USC
media-icon-tv.gif
Arlington, Texas 7:00 p.m. CT
09/10/16 vs. Western Kentucky
media-icon-tv.gif
Tuscaloosa 2:30 p.m. CT
09/17/16 at Ole Miss *
media-icon-tv.gif
Oxford, Miss. 2:30 p.m. CT
09/24/16 vs. Kent State Tuscaloosa TBA
10/01/16 vs. Kentucky * Tuscaloosa TBA
10/08/16 at Arkansas * Fayetteville, Ark. TBA
10/15/16 at Tennessee * Knoxville, Tenn. TBA
10/22/16 vs. Texas A&M * Tuscaloosa TBA
11/05/16 at LSU * Baton Rouge, La. TBA
11/12/16 vs. Mississippi State * Tuscaloosa TBA
11/19/16 vs. Chattanooga Tuscaloosa TBA
11/26/16 vs. Auburn * Tuscaloosa TBA

We start with USC in texas. USC has lots of talent, but Saban generally has his teams well prepared for these openers, and I do not see it going any way but a bama win. Possibly big.
Western Kentucky should pose no threat.
Ole Miss. We have them in Oxford, and they are riding a very uncomon (for anyone these days) two game winning streak. However revenge factor will be high, and with all the drama in Oxford, Bama will pull this one out.
Kent state and Kentucky are next, and go down easily (sorry Ramy).
Arkansas could be a sleeper game, and we are on the road, but they dont have the team (IMO) to stay with the Tide for 4 quarters.
Next we come to Tennessee. If there is a stumbling block game, this is it. They were MUCH improved last season, and a few different plays could have won all of their games. I pick them to win the east, and possibly catch us off guard. I look for Bama to play the Vols twice this season.
A&M we have in tuscaloosa, and while it may be close to start, we pull away in the end.
We have LSU in baton rouge, which sounds bad, but Bama has great success in Bryant Denny West, and should beat the corn dogs once again.
Mississippi State doesnt have Dak anymore, and should fall off quite a bit.
Chattanooga. A good FCS team. It wont be enough.
Auburn returns to tuscaloosa for their November reality check. RTR!

So my guess is 11-1, with a trip to atlanta then the CFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)