$299 HD-DVR w/ $100 rebate

Status
Please reply by conversation.
jsegura said:
thanks for the link for the rebate. Are you still elgible for a rebate if you already have DVR and HD service? 2 separate boxes of course.
Call retention. When I was talking to them about my possibilitlies they indicated that I was going to use the $100 rebate for the R15 and I was still eligible for the $200 for the HR10-250. That decided it for me. Ordered through Newegg on Sunday and got it today (Tuesday).

I jsut bought an HD DVR from Best Buy. Can someone tell me if I can get the $100 rebate that is being offered on DTV's webiste? If so, how do I need to go about doing it.

JerryVolunteer said:
I jsut bought an HD DVR from Best Buy. Can someone tell me if I can get the $100 rebate that is being offered on DTV's webiste? If so, how do I need to go about doing it.

1. You didnt buy it. Directv still owns it. And if you dont surrender it to D* when you cancel its another $470 dollars they will charge you, whether or not you have fulfilled your 2 year, $300 dollar programming commitment.

2. the rebate is good only if you are a new customer.

Last edited:
To properly answer your question. Yes, if you are a new customer. Why V urbano feels the need to educate all of us poor slobs on the lease program I have no idea. Vurbano, I see a career for you. With your passion about things and the need to educate others for really no reason you should join the "save the Wales" group. Or maybe the Solar Energy Commission. I am serious. At least then you would get paid to keep yelling in everyones ear. Damn, if you chose the latter we would probably be energy efficient without foreign oil by now!

FlyingJ said:
you should join the "save the Wales" group.

Are there people in the UK that need to be saved? :D

Actually I agree with FlyingJ. It seems that everywhere I go in this forum now I get Vurbano talking about how crummy this new lease deal is. While he does have a point, I'm a little tired of hearing it. Especially when someone asks a simple question that wasn't related. And I can just hear Vurbano's response about how this person needs to know it's a lease and not a buy. He might already know that. He didn't need a paragraph unrelated to his question. It'd be nice if people tried to stay on topic a little better and not jump all over each other so quickly for something said.

I have no problem with everyone sharing their opinion. You just don't have to hijack an unrelated thread to get it out there. It's pretty easy to start one of your own.

-JustBob

JustBob said:
Are there people in the UK that need to be saved? :D

Actually I agree with FlyingJ. It seems that everywhere I go in this forum now I get Vurbano talking about how crummy this new lease deal is. While he does have a point, I'm a little tired of hearing it. Especially when someone asks a simple question that wasn't related. And I can just hear Vurbano's response about how this person needs to know it's a lease and not a buy. He might already know that. He didn't need a paragraph unrelated to his question. It'd be nice if people tried to stay on topic a little better and not jump all over each other so quickly for something said.

I have no problem with everyone sharing their opinion. You just don't have to hijack an unrelated thread to get it out there. It's pretty easy to start one of your own.

-JustBob

FYI

It was relevant. Especially if he thinks he just bought something. If he thinks thats the case then he needs to return it before he activates it. After he activates its too late. If he realizes its just an unfront lease fee then #2 answers his questions. Now go troll somewhere else.

Last edited:
FlyingJ said:
To properly answer your question. Yes, if you are a new customer. Why V urbano feels the need to educate all of us poor slobs on the lease program I have no idea. Vurbano, I see a career for you. With your passion about things and the need to educate others for really no reason you should join the "save the Wales" group. Or maybe the Solar Energy Commission. I am serious. At least then you would get paid to keep yelling in everyones ear. Damn, if you chose the latter we would probably be energy efficient without foreign oil by now!
Why must you litter the thread with your garbage. I already gave him the proper answer in #2 nearly an Hour before your rant.. Can you read?

vurbano said:
Why must you litter the thread with your garbage. I already gave him the proper answer in #2 nearly an Hour before your rant.. Can you read?

vurbano - You are really being a bit underhanded here. I went back to quote your message that you had originally posted and I see you just edited it a few minutes ago. Your original response did not answer the question. It just went on about DirecTV's lease details and the charges you can incurr. Your original post was much longer and was just rehashing stuff you've said many times in many other threads. Your edited version is now this:

vurbano said:
1. You didnt buy it. Directv still owns it. And if you dont surrender it to D* when you cancel its another $470 dollars they will charge you, whether or not you have fulfilled your 2 year, $300 dollar programming commitment.

2. the rebate is good only if you are a new customer.

Last edited by vurbano : Today at 07:52 AM.

I think this would have been a good response. Just a short warning that it's a lease, not a purchase, and then answer the question.

If you're going to go back and edit previous posts to say that you said something different and an hour before someone else, then just go away. That's pretty low. I never said you didn't have valid points. I just said you don't need to say the same information in every thread.

-JustBob

JustBob said:
vurbano - You are really being a bit underhanded here. I went back to quote your message that you had originally posted and I see you just edited it a few minutes ago. Your original response did not answer the question. It just went on about DirecTV's lease details and the charges you can incurr. Your original post was much longer and was just rehashing stuff you've said many times in many other threads. Your edited version is now this:

I think this would have been a good response. Just a short warning that it's a lease, not a purchase, and then answer the question.

If you're going to go back and edit previous posts to say that you said something different and an hour before someone else, then just go away. That's pretty low. I never said you didn't have valid points. I just said you don't need to say the same information in every thread.

-JustBob

Dear post patrol,

#2 , which answers the question was in the original post. I took out the ad material from best buy which was excessive in response to all of the whining. Why else would there have been a #1? Apparently you didnt even read the whole post. I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and stop short of calling you a liar, something you have taken the liberty to call me. In over 4,800 posts I dont ever remember being accused of that. Furthermore you are making accusations without even a quote of the original post :rolleyes: IMO, You are looking less like JustBob and more like Justaboob. Now, Please, for the second time, go try and start trouble somewhere else. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
vurbano said:
Dear post patrol,

#2 , which answers the question was in the original post. I took out the ad material from best buy which was excessive in response to all of the whining. Why else would there have been a #1? Apparently you didnt even read the whole post. I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and stop short of calling you a liar, something you have taken the liberty to call me. In over 4,800 posts I dont ever remember being accused of that. Furthermore you are making accusations without even a quote of the original post :rolleyes: IMO, You are looking less like JustBob and more like Justaboob. Now, Please, for the second time, go try and start trouble somewhere else. :rolleyes:

You're not calling me a liar, but you have called me a troll and a boob. I simply agreed with others that you've been posting the same information in many threads. Then you go back and attack FlyingJ for answering the question posted that you didn't answer in your original post, but go back and edit your post to look like you did.

I even agree that your edited response is a good response. Point out that it is a lease and not a buy, but don't supply all the nasty details. Those are readily available elsewhere.

Anytime someone mentions something about DirecTV, you post all the bad stuff that DirecTV is doing. While I agree you have some valid points, we've all heard it many times already. Plus it seems like you're ready to attack anyone that disagrees with your point of view or your tactics. It's an open forum. I'm free to voice my opinion. You're also free to ignore me and keep doing what you're doing.

-JustBob

JustBob said:
Then you go back and attack FlyingJ for answering the question posted that you didn't answer in your original post, but go back and edit your post to look like you did.

#2 , which answers the question was in the original post. The post was edited after FlyingJ complained to erase the best buy ad info. But since neither of you rocket scientists quoted the original to begin with its pointless to debate it.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
vurbano said:
I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and stop short of calling you a liar
vurbano said:
YES I am calling you a liar.
Now I'm getting confused. I'm a liar boob troll?

vurbano said:
Again why would there be a #1 in the original post if there was never a #2? Next time please get your facts straight and at least read the entire post before accusing anyone.
It's hard to get my facts about your original post straight since you changed it. I was going to go back and quote it, but it's changed now so I have nothing to go back to. When I read it originally, there was just a bunch of stuff about the DirecTV lease program and the fees you can incurr. I don't recall a #1 or a #2. I'll admit that I didn't commit it to memory so it's possible it was there, but I don't think so. It was a really long post that was written in response to someone's question about whether he'd be eligible for a rebate or not. FlyingJ then answered the question with a seven word sentence. Next time if you're going to claim that a previous post said something, don't edit it. Then there'll be no doubt that you're telling the truth.

I was trying to point out my disappointment in how people hijack threads and attack each other. Now I've become vurbano's target for attack and namecalling (troll, boob, liar). I grow tired of responding to it.

-JustBob

JustBob said:
. I'll admit that I didn't commit it to memory so it's possible it was there, but I don't think so.

And you make your accusation based on something "you dont think was there" :rolleyes: You should try that one on the judge the next time you run a red light. He might enjoy hearing some excuses based on things you think you may or may not have seen. Those arguements are always good for a laugh. As is your accusation here.

JustBob said:
Next time if you're going to claim that a previous post said something, don't edit it.

Next time read the post :rolleyes:
Again it was changed only after I read the whining about it. I took the Best buy AD verbage out. That is all.

JustBob said:
I was trying to point out my disappointment in how people hijack threads and attack each other.
Nice demonstration. Congratulations on hijacking this thread with all of your nonsense

Last edited:
back to the future now

phew; nasty nasty...

I bought a HR10-250 with intent to upgrade to the 20. I had VOOM; but did not take the ex-VOOMer discount to transfer to DirectTV. I've been using the HR10 for HD OTA, but hoped to activate the DVR for March madness. I went through all of the setup (for OTA only), but every call I've made to DTV I've been treated like a more ignorant person than I care to be.

Now I'm told that as of yesterday, the rules have all changed again. Can we go past the name calling and continue this thread, or should I start a new one?

I read lots of complaints about the HR10, so I certainly need to upgrade or return it to COSTCO. I only want Speed channel, and $45 a month for two years is too much for that. I've got 3 VOOM receivers and 3 REplay boxes that work fine; but no other HD-DVR. I want a HD DVR to go with the new $ 299 Blue ray.

thanks for your help,
Mike in Santa Ana, CA

Will I qualify for $299 -$100 + HBO, Showtime HD for 6 mos. free?

Hi,

I wish I had spotted this forum earlier. 2 weeks ago, I activated an account with DTV. I purchased 3 x D11 receivers from eBay and activated with a CSR offer for $29.99 + 3 mos. of HBO, Showtime, Starz free.

I cannot afford to pay full price for the HR10-250 but would certainly jump at the chance of getting it for $299 -$100 along with 6 mos. of HBO & SHO-HD.

Would I be eligible at this point?

TIA

Just a follow-up to my previous post. I talked to 2 different CSR's and they both told me that the HD-DVR deal was over Feb.28/06 and that the current deal is $499 less $100 rebate + $14.95 shipping and handling.

f13dfx said:
Just a follow-up to my previous post. I talked to 2 different CSR's and they both told me that the HD-DVR deal was over Feb.28/06 and that the current deal is $499 less $100 rebate + $14.95 shipping and handling.
sounds right

I have VOIP, do I need phoneline for HR10-250?

At any point in time (from very first setup and in the future), will I need a LANLINE for the HR10-250? The reason being is that I recently switched to VOIP.

TIA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts