"2nd TV is performing a switch check" msg?

ray

Original poster
Apr 19, 2005
Hi everyone, I have a 121 superdish with another 148 dish for local channels, and a dp44 switch and 322 receiver. I am in SF.

Every now and then, right in the middle of watching something, the message "the 2nd TV is now performing a switch check" will come up on the screen and the programming will pause. The signal strength seems to be fine and there are no pause/pixelization problems prior to that.

What could be the cause of these messages? It happens once or twice a day, and if I unplug the receiver, then it seems to be better, but only to come back again after a day or so. After a while, it goes back to normal....

Thanks.

The obvious question here is... what is showing on the TV2 output before and during the appearance of that message? If it's an actual check switch operation, and the steps leading to it (before the message shows up), and nobody in your house is doing that with your UHF TV2 remote control, then it's likely caused by interference from a neighbor with another UHF remote. However, if TV2 doesn't show a check switch operation, then you probably have bad hardware somewhere (most likely the receiver).

TuxCoder said:
The obvious question here is... what is showing on the TV2 output before and during the appearance of that message? If it's an actual check switch operation, and the steps leading to it (before the message shows up), and nobody in your house is doing that with your UHF TV2 remote control, then it's likely caused by interference from a neighbor with another UHF remote. However, if TV2 doesn't show a check switch operation, then you probably have bad hardware somewhere (most likely the receiver).

Hmmm, the 2nd TV is downstair, no one is messing around with the remote.

My neighbor does have another dish. Can the signal from their remote interfere with my receiver? Thanks.

TV2 is hooked to to Satellite input one. I'd switch the cables between sat 1 and sat 2, and then see if it still happens.

If the problem remains the same, you have a problem with the receiver.

If it happens now with TV1, you have a problem with the switch, lnb or cable line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)