30.0W Signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My elevation for 30w is 11.1, my dish is actually looking down to the ground. 90 cmts dish, gets good solid signal.

I'm lucky my elevation is about 19°.
My neighbor chuckled and asked if the dish pointing at the house across the street was receiving anything.
I tried to explain the offset concept. Anyways I showed the him the monitor to prove that it was.

My neighbor chuckled and asked if the dish pointing at the house across the street was receiving anything.
I tried to explain the offset concept. Anyways I showed the him the monitor to prove that it was.

Good idea. :)

I always wonder what neighbors to any FTAer think,
Is this guy using X rays to watch us ?
Is he looking for ET signals ?

Last time I was working on the roof pointing a dish, a neighbor was watching me, I guess just making sure I wouldn´t point the dish at his house.
My dish pointed to Hispasat is on a third story roof pointing down between a wall from the house across the street and the ground.

With the motor it looks like the dish has come loose and ready to fall down... unless you know what you are actually looking at.

The only way I could get a stationary dish to work was to install the LNB arm on the top so the dish was upside-down basically. It worked ok on the ground but works better on the elevated mast with the motor. The Red River is about 1/4 mi to my east with tall trees along the bank, there should be at least 2-3 degrees of space between the satellite and the trees as viewed from my site, but there seems to be a bit of interference somehow. Microwave engineers call it Freznel Zone, where the radio waves can bounce off the nearby object and arrive slightly out of phase to the main signal, cancelling it out a bit. I suspect that is what is occouring.

Raising the antenna 15 feet seems to have helped, at least in my case.

Hopefully this is enough tilt.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • photo 2 (4).JPG
    photo 2 (4).JPG
    881.9 KB · Views: 117
  • photo 3 (3).JPG
    photo 3 (3).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
For KU, Is there anything lower than 72 degrees worth tracking in for English?
Ps. Nice to see people pushing the envelope.

My neighbor thought the same thing. My dish is stationary and pointed at 30W. It looks like it's directly pointed at his house. He jokingly told me it was an infrared dish used to spy on him. The dish is almost perfectly vertical here in Ohio. (See image)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 114
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)