301 can't detect switch

new_to_hdtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2004
not far enough North
I picked up a used 301 today and cleared the switch matrix. When i tried to find the DP34 switch it could only find the 119 sat.

It came up with :
port 1 DP Twin 1, 119 odd
port 2 Dp Dual 2, Connected - no signal
port 3 Dp Twin 2, Connected - no signal

I tried a soft boot and re-did the above and came up with the same thing.

I then hooked up my original 301 and it found all three 110, 119, and 61.5 -
port 1 DP Twin 1, 119 even, odd
port 2 Dp Dual 2, 61.5 even, odd
port 3 Dp Twin 2, 110, even, odd

Any idea why the first 301 couldn't find the same ?

Thanks.

press menu-6-1-3 to see what software version you have. You may need to download the current version. It should be P396 or P452.

Try each side of the lnb seperately first without the dp34 switch? Do a switch test for each bird individually.If you see that both birds (110,119) work without the dp34 switch its obviously the dp34 switch or receiover not being able to power the switch??? Sometimes some 301s dont put out enough voltage throught their coax line to run the dp34 switch.Watch your coax cable lenghts and all your splices??? Try and keep them to a minimum?If run of cable to long than that also can develop a problem. If you said another eceiver was working I would definitely think the firmware (software) in the receiver could also be outdated. Leave in the stream with receiver off for an hour or so.Good Luck

I have noticed that 129 does not pickup all of its transponders or none at all until the software is updated then it lists it correctly in the switch matrix.

If you are getting errors on one box and not the other with multiple satellites though, you have a bad receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)