$4 Per Month Extra with Sling Adapter

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
This may have already been answered and I missed it but I called the "genius trust" at Dish Network today to find out the difference between the $10 fee for a 922 and the $6 fee for a 722(K) with a Sling Adapter. I was told that you would have the extra $4 if you had the 922 or the 722 series with the Sling Adapter. Is this correct or some more bulls*it from Dish? It don't really matter to me since I have a 922 and a Sling Adapter on the way from Claude, I am just a tight ass and try to save every penny I can.

Well that was incorrect, I work for Dish and the DVR fee for the 922 is $10 and there is no charge for the sling adaptor hooked up to a 722(k), the $4 charge is for adding the Google Tv Revue with a 722(k) or 622 for integration with your DVR and guide, there is no additional fee for the sling adaptor for the 922 due to it being built into the box

Last edited:
bobvick said:
This may have already been answered and I missed it but I called the "genius trust" at Dish Network today to find out the difference between the $10 fee for a 922 and the $6 fee for a 722(K) with a Sling Adapter. I was told that you would have the extra $4 if you had the 922 or the 722 series with the Sling Adapter. Is this correct or some more bulls*it from Dish? It don't really matter to me since I have a 922 and a Sling Adapter on the way from Claude, I am just a tight ass and try to save every penny I can.

The 922 has nicer menus with photo icons for all your recordings that you click on instead of just a list. The menu and guides as well as the on demand features are faster using the 922. It is more user friendly right out of the box and just has a nicer presentation. That as well as the larger 1TB hard drive that you won't have to expand anywhere near as quickly (it is double the 722), and having it all built in, is essentially what you are paying extra for. The 722 isn't exactly problem free when it is working with the adapter.

Various problems from over heating to not connecting with the usb port have been reported numerous times on this forum. Usually a unplug and reset fixes most problems but why contend with that if you don't have to? Plus should anything happen with the sling capability or the hard drive or DVR function, you are covered for everything including the sling function because it is all built into the DVR. Good luck with the adapter if anything goes wrong with it. The 922 was not bug free either when first released but recent updates have fixed all that. I think the 922 provides a significantly better experience.

However, if you are wanting to save as much $ as you can, and can deal with having to shell out more $ later down the road for a larger external hard drive (in addition to the cost of the drive, a non refundable fee of $39.99 has to be paid to dish network for them to enable that feature BTW), and if you can deal with the basic menus (have fun), then the 722 is for you. In the end it's all what you are wanting and what you think is best for you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts