Please reply by conversation.

dpdc77

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Hi guys,

This is my first time posting here.

Here is my current setup. 20" Toroidal dish with 110 and 119 for e*.

I just purchased a CoolSat 5000 and wanted to add 5 FTA lnbs to get 87, 07, 99, 101, 103.

Now, I know a Diseq switch has 4 inputs. Do I have to get a second Diseq switch? How do I combine for one coax to the receiver?

to use more than 4 LNB's you need a 22k switch and a 4x1 Diseqc switch

Hook up the LNB's to the Diseqc switch but one of them you need to put the 22k switch on so you can put 2 LNB's

example

receiver----------diseqc port 1------------LNB
--------------------diseqc port 2------------LNB
--------------------diseqc port 3------------LNB
--------------------diseqc port 4----22k----LNB
----------------------------------------22k----LNB

A little advice for ya... I found that one of the better ways to get dishes is to just call around and see what you can find. After explaing to a few people that I wanted an older large dish, one sales person gave me the location of this older guy that used to run a large satellite store. At anyrate, I bought a 1m channel master from the guy for 25 dollars, and brought it home with me that night. I ended up throwing a QPH-031 dual quad on it and WOW!!! Very sweet setup for 25 dollars. I use an 18" on echo7 for the audio.

You can use A/B/C switches too. I have 8 ku band dishes and a c-band lnb that feed into two digtial receivers (most dishes for both receivers).

SBS 6
LNB - 1 cable - goes to a splitter - splits 3 ways - 1 analog - 1 digital receiver - 1 digital receiver

AMC 2
LNB - 1 cable - goes to a splitter - splits 3 ways - 1 analog - 1 digital receiver - 1 digital receiver

IA 8
LNB - 1 cable - goes to a splitter - splits 2 ways - 1 digital receiver & 1 digital receiver

I have 3 inputs for digital on each receiver and 2 inputs for analog so far.

G11
LNB - 2 cables - goes to 2 splitters - horizontal - splits 3 ways - 1 analog - 1 digital receiver - 1 digital receiver
vertical - splits 2 ways - 1 digital receiver - 1 digital receiver

I have 5 digital inputs and 3 analog inputs so far

T6
LNB - 2 cables - goes to 2 splitters - horizontal splits 2 ways - 1 digital receiver - 1 digital receiver
vertical splits 2 ways - 1 digital receiver - 1 digital receiver

I have 7 digital inputs on each receiver and 3 analog inputs so far

G4
LNB - 2 cables - doesn't split - vertical and horizontal goes straight to the 422 receiver.

I have 9 digital inputs on the 422 receiver, 7 on the 420 receiver and 3 analog inputs so far

AMC 1
LNB - 2 cables - no splitters - horizontal goes to the 422 receiver, Vertical goes to the 420 receiver unless there is a Dodgers game on of course

I have now 10 digital inputs on the 422 receiver, 8 inputs into the 420 receiver and 3 analog inputs so far.

G10
LNB - 2 cables - goes to 2 splitters - analog splits 3 ways - 1 analog - 1 digital receiver - 1 digital receiver
vertical splits 3 ways - 1 analog - 1 digital receiver - 1 digital receiver

I have now 12 inputs on the 422 receiver, 10 on the 420 receiver and 5 analog inputs.

C-band
LNBf - 1 cable - goes to a splitter - splits 3 ways - 1 analog - 1 digital receiver - 1 digital receiver

I have 13 inputs on the 422 receiver, 11 on the 420 receiver and 6 analog inputs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.