5 new HD channels coming soon!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually... There is a bluray out now with three episodes redone in HD. Supposedly a preview of the entire series.

If were thinking about the same thing, didn't this co9me out like 4-5 months ago ?

I still can't find it in stock locally anywhere.

hln,lmn ,encore channels, would be great to have in hd.Not sure if the encore channels are in hd yet.

This is great news! Iam pretty much an HD snob, mostly because the SD channels look like crap on the big screen TV....Lets hope this is the start of a trend :) Looking forward to these HD additions!!

Always nice to see more HD channels. Especially
From Direc tv. Seems like they are finally ""getting it""
Now If one provider would add fearnet that would make GPollocks year.

I don't understand why DirecTV still has not gotten WealthTV in High Definition and 3D

Also, is there something wrong with the 110 bird? Why can't DirecTV use it to provide some of the lesser watched, less popular HD channels? (HSN HD, QVC HD, eScapes HD, all the of ESTV HD channels)

Last edited:
If they put HD on the 110 satellite that brings up a few issues
-they would have to swap out a bunch of LNB's then as lots of folks have SL3's
-What happens if they try to swap it out and now you have a line of site issue on 119 which would also be needed (a SL5 uses 119 as the guide satellite)
-110 is KU band (instead of KA) so they couldnt get many channels on there anyways

Isnt Directv looking to sell that bandwidth too?

Will I be able to get the PAC 12 out here in oklahoma city??

I haven't read anything about how they are going to package it, as a national or an rsn. Anybody heard? That would make a difference.

I would think PAC 12 network is trying to strike the same deal as the Big 10 network. Nationally.

no reason why they can't but I just stumbled upon a new reason

right now they have a bunch of test channels on there for Puerto Rico.....what they plan on doing with it....who knows
about 30 channels or so that say "Puerto Rico 110 Test."

Like Iceberg said, there is no technical reason they can't put mpeg4 on 110, it works the same in ku as ka. Aside the new channels he mentioned in test mode, there are lots of sl3 lnbs out there so 110 isn't available to them. Come to think of it, Iceberg mentioned that too! :) I don't think ku can't have as many channels as ka, it's just that the ku satellites are much older so they have less capacity.

Well, kind of like how cable needs to dump the analog to free space for more digital HD, DirecTV needs to dump the SD duplicates and just offer down-converting receivers for those who still use tubes. This would free up a lot on 101 for more HD channels.

QVC HD and HSN HD I can continue to live without (or just put up my big dish), but I would really like to see eScapes HD, WealthTV HD, and all of the ES.TV HD networks on DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)