50 feet of hdmi

chrisn

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Just installed 50 feet of hdmi cable from the 622 to the bedroom... a total pain in the ass and well worth it

For that length, make sure it's a high quality cable. With something under 20ft you can get away by spending a few bucks at monoprice, but 50 you will want to have one of a high quality build.

I've got 2 long lengths (one from 622, the other 722) running outside in the nasty Michigan winter for 2 years with NO problems. Both from monoprice--24awg.

Ed

I got it from the directv dealer in town actually... I dunno the quality other than it's what they use... The PQ is very good... but shoving that hdmi outlet through a dozen plus joists sure sucked... and had to drill a hole through the sheet rock.... putty time

I have 6 long runs between my set up and ones I have done for neighbors. I used Insten 1.3b Metal Jacketed cables from eForCity.com. Cheaper and better than Monoprice.com (been there and had to replace what I got from them).

Amazing cables that have even blow DISH Techs away. Have had no problems. Have ordered a 100'er and will install that within the month.

I have been reading about fibre optic, wireless and repeaters, but have yet to need one. But am really interested in the Fibre and Wireless.

Thanks for the links on the cables from eforcecity. Was just about to pull the trigger on a 50' at monoprice.

Thanks for the links on the cables from eforcecity. Was just about to pull the trigger on a 50' at monoprice.
Glad I could help. Be sure to use the Free Shipping Code at the top of the page. They use to ship everything for free. Guess those days are gone.

Glad I could help. Be sure to use the Free Shipping Code at the top of the page. They use to ship everything for free. Guess those days are gone.

Wow, thanks for the code.. nice. :up
Let me know how the 100-footer works, any loss of signal etc.

I have an optima projector that I want to get off the middle of the floor.
Using a 25-foot component cable now.
50-foot will help, but 100-foot would give me a semi permanent installation.
I can't permanently mount it on ceiling due to space limitations, and lack of throw adjustment.

With all the new TVs having built in digital tuners. You would think a receiver's tv2 connection could have the capability of sending hd via coax to the TVs built in tuner.

Wow, thanks for the code.. nice. :up
Let me know how the 100-footer works, any loss of signal etc.
I'm now thinking about this: HDMI Cable 1.3 M/M, 50 FT / 15 M, Black+ HDMI Signal Booster Combo with another 50'er. Can't beat the price and it's kinda a guarantee. But it's not showing 1.3b though.

BUT as of an hour ago my new neighbor that blew off the West end of his house is now telling me he wants a dedicated Media Room after seeing mine. So all runs will be shorter now. So until I see what's really going on, I have no idea what I'll be using.

Until then . . .
. . . sf

That link says ... Transfer Digital Audio and Video signals at warp speed of 5 Gigabits per second approximately! ...

What type of bandwidth is passing through an HDMI cable from a Dish Network receiver to an HD television / monitor?

I think it would be nice to use an HDMI splitter if someone has two rooms they view HDTV in but only views it in one room at a time (for example, livingroom in the daytime, bedroom at night). This saves from having two receivers and you can setup TV1 to work from a UHF remote to operate it in the other room.

Is there much difference in the quality of the picture over component cables vs. HDMI? Can you run cables further with component cables or use a different type of thick wires and have component ends on each end of the wires?

That link says ... Transfer Digital Audio and Video signals at warp speed of 5 Gigabits per second approximately! ...
I have seen them spec up to 10 Gbps.

What type of bandwidth is passing through an HDMI cable from a Dish Network receiver to an HD television / monitor?
It would be nice to know what DISH's rate is.

I think it would be nice to use an HDMI splitter if someone has two rooms they view HDTV in but only views it in one room at a time (for example, livingroom in the daytime, bedroom at night). This saves from having two receivers and you can setup TV1 to work from a UHF remote to operate it in the other room.
With splitters you get into HDCP (HD Copy Protection) where the result is audio to one set and video or an error to the other. You have to make sure the splitter that you select addresses this. But for output to two TV's it looks as though DISH nixed that. It won't work with the gear I have looked at and there are disgruntled user comments posted as proof. But that's not to say it won't work . . . somehow.

Is there much difference in the quality of the picture over component cables vs. HDMI? Can you run cables further with component cables or use a different type of thick wires and have component ends on each end of the wires?
HDMI maxs out at 1080p, Component maxs out at 1080i.

I have installed 100' HDMI cables twice (once at my Dad's and once at my house) with no amplification and zero issues whatsoever. Both go to Pioneer plasmas one from a E* receiver and one from a Comcast HDDVR (can't remember the model number sorry).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts