50 feet of hdmi

I have seen them spec up to 10 Gbps.

It would be nice to know what DISH's rate is.

With splitters you get into HDCP (HD Copy Protection) where the result is audio to one set and video or an error to the other. You have to make sure the splitter that you select addresses this. But for output to two TV's it looks as though DISH nixed that. It won't work with the gear I have looked at and there are disgruntled user comments posted as proof. But that's not to say it won't work . . . somehow.

HDMI maxs out at 1080p, Component maxs out at 1080i.

This is good to know. I learn something almost daily here. Thanks :up

HDMI maxs out at 1080p, Component maxs out at 1080i.

Not a true statement in general as component is perfectly capable of sending a 1080p signal (take a look at XBOX360). However not that many TVs will accept a 1080p signal over component (my Pioneer Kuro will). However, for E* and D* you can only get 1080p via HDMI because of HDCP.

+1

Not a true statement in general as component is perfectly capable of sending a 1080p signal (take a look at XBOX360). However not that many TVs will accept a 1080p signal over component (my Pioneer Kuro will). However, for E* and D* you can only get 1080p via HDMI because of HDCP.

:up:up correct.

Thank you for completing my thought. I left out that those specs where for the DISH receiver. Which seems to have a lot of curious limitations.

I have a Component feed from my Pioneer Receiver to my Samsung DLP and when setting the input to the receiver the input display on the DLP say 1080p. So you are correct.

Hey, We have the same TV's, or possibly :)

I have a 60" Pioneer Elite (Kuro) as well as 2 - 42" versions :up
My 60" is a few years old now, Pro 150FD, the two 42's are newer, now they don't make them anymore.
I love them all :)

What are you using ?

Pioneer 6020FD here.

Very sad that they stopped making them as it is the most amazing picture I've ever seen. Mine has been professionally calibrated by one of the best.

Pioneer 6020FD here.

Very sad that they stopped making them as it is the most amazing picture I've ever seen. Mine has been professionally calibrated by one of the best.

Excellent TV's all of them .... I heard the other day that they are deciding to re allocate thier efforts into making Pioneer A/V Receiver's again.

Too bad they can't do both.

Thank for the link earlier in the thread for HDMI cables. It's always cool to check other places out, however I have gotten tons of stuff from Monoprice and I have never had any problems so I wouldn't necessarily be scared of Monoprice if your a new customer. Back to the thread...I am running a 75' 24awg hdmi cable from Monoprice with no issues, 3 years and counting.

Never had a problem with Monoprice. Firefold.com and bluejeanscable.com are two other places I would recommend.

Dd a little research on eforcity.com - it's a Yahoo store run by someone from Funchal, Madeira - a European Island under Portugals domain. Not sure where you are getting these drop shipped from or who is getting the money or where you would have to send defective equipment but the places I recommended are companies based in the US. Monprice is based in CA, Firefold is in NC, and BlueJeansCable is in WA.

Saving money for a good product is all well and good but if you care, take a look.

Never had a problem with Monoprice. Firefold.com and bluejeanscable.com are two other places I would recommend.

Dd a little research on eforcity.com - it's a Yahoo store run by someone from Funchal, Madeira - a European Island under Portugals domain. Not sure where you are getting these drop shipped from or who is getting the money or where you would have to send defective equipment but the places I recommended are companies based in the US. Monprice is based in CA, Firefold is in NC, and BlueJeansCable is in WA.

Saving money for a good product is all well and good but if you care, take a look.

eforcity ships from CA as I recall.

Thank for the link earlier in the thread for HDMI cables. It's always cool to check other places out, however I have gotten tons of stuff from Monoprice and I have never had any problems so I wouldn't necessarily be scared of Monoprice if your a new customer. Back to the thread...I am running a 75' 24awg hdmi cable from Monoprice with no issues, 3 years and counting.
I did some looking around the Monoprice site and it looks like they only sell 1.3a and not 1.3b, nor anything like the Insten metal jacketed cables/more industrial type.

One man's bastion is another's door number 3.

Since you made me curious. I did a little research too. You mean this:

Eforcity Corp
12339 Denholm Dr
El Monte, CA 91732-3613 (Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA Metro Area)
Phone: (626) 442-3168
Business Categories: Nonclassified Establishments in El Monte, CA
Electronic Parts/Equipment

Eforcity Corp Business Information
Eforcity Corporation owns and operates Eforcity.com, a direct selling model for electronic accessories. Eforcity Corp is a private company categorized under Nonclassified Establishments and located in El Monte, CA. Our records show it was established in 2002 and incorporated in California.

Also Does Business As: Eforcity Corporation

HQ, Branch or Single Location: Single Location

Annual Sales (Estimated): (Dun & Bradstreet) $24,000,000

Employees (Estimated): D&B: 60

SIC Code and Description: 9999-77, Nonclassified Establishments

State of Incorporation: California

Years in Business: 7
Unless I'm mistaken and this is another eForCity?

Last edited:
Since you made me curious. I did a little research too. You mean this:

Eforcity Corp
12339 Denholm Dr
El Monte, CA 91732-3613 (Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA Metro Area)
Phone: (626) 442-3168
Business Categories: Nonclassified Establishments in El Monte, CA
Electronic Parts/Equipment

Eforcity Corp Business Information
Eforcity Corporation owns and operates Eforcity.com, a direct selling model for electronic accessories. Eforcity Corp is a private company categorized under Nonclassified Establishments and located in El Monte, CA. Our records show it was established in 2002 and incorporated in California.

Also Does Business As: Eforcity Corporation

HQ, Branch or Single Location: Single Location

Annual Sales (Estimated): (Dun & Bradstreet) $24,000,000

Employees (Estimated): D&B: 60

SIC Code and Description: 9999-77, Nonclassified Establishments

State of Incorporation: California

Years in Business: 7
Unless I'm mistaken and this is another eForCity?

Why is their domain registered in Madeira if they are a US company?

Domain ID:
Domain Name: eforcity.com
Created On: 03-Oct-2000 00:00:00
Expiration Date: 03-Oct-2010 00:00:00
Sponsoring Registrar: 'Check Whois' (REGISTER.COM) (REGISTER.COM)
Name Server: yns1.yahoo.com
Name Server: yns2.yahoo.com
Registrant ID: Unknown
Registrant Name: ATTN: eforcity.com
Registrant Organization: Unknown
Registrant Street1: Rua Dr. Brito Camara, n 20, 1
Registrant Street2: Unknown
Registrant Street3: Unknown
Registrant City: Funchal
Registrant State/Province: Madeira
Registrant Postal Code: 9000-039
Registrant Country: PT
Registrant Phone: Unknown
Registrant Fax: Unknown
Registrant Email: Unknown
Admin ID: Unknown
Admin Name: ATTN: eforcity.com
Admin Organization: Unknown
Admin Street1: Rua Dr. Brito Camara, n 20, 1
Admin Street2: Unknown
Admin Street3: Unknown
Admin City: Funchal
Admin State: Madeira
Admin Postal Code: 9000-039
Admin Country: PT
Admin Phone: 1-902-7495331
Admin Fax: Unknown
Admin Email: 81b5af810a14115200478ff06b8d4776@domaindiscreet.com

I did some looking around the Monoprice site and it looks like they only sell 1.3a and not 1.3b, nor anything like the Insten metal jacketed cables/more industrial type.

One man's bastion is another's door number 3.

1.3a and 1.3b certifications just means the cable was submitted for testing and the fees have been paid to label the cable as supporting 1.3a/b. It does not mean that a non-labeled cable will not. Labels are fine if you need one to prove something, the underlying technology relies on physical characteristics of cabling that other cables have but don't need a label and the added cost of that label to work.

Metal jacketed, pure copper, oxygen free, and other marketing tricks make a cable sound great but do little to actually help and may actually hurt the performance of a cable.

Better is a subjective word used mostly by marketing to try to undercut a competitor with a similar / equivalent product.

But, it's a free country - buy whatever makes you feel good!

Why is their domain registered in Madeira if they are a US company?
What does it matter where you register? Anybody anywhere on the planet can register with any accredited Registrar they want and where they want. It doesn't mean that their company is suspect. It's only when the company itself is registered offshore like many of the major US conglomerates do.

1.3a and 1.3b certifications just means the cable was submitted for testing and the fees have been paid to label the cable as supporting 1.3a/b. It does not mean that a non-labeled cable will not. Labels are fine if you need one to prove something, the underlying technology relies on physical characteristics of cabling that other cables have but don't need a label and the added cost of that label to work.

Metal jacketed, pure copper, oxygen free, and other marketing tricks make a cable sound great but do little to actually help and may actually hurt the performance of a cable.

Better is a subjective word used mostly by marketing to try to undercut a competitor with a similar / equivalent product.

But, it's a free country - buy whatever makes you feel good!
This is what I am talking about. Take a good look at the construction of the cable and not the "marketing tricks/hype" as you put it:

INSTEN Premium HDMI Cable 1.3b M/M, 3 FT / 1 M, Metal Black

I have used monoprice before and have recommended them. I placed an order last night for 3-hdmi cables with eforcecity per SandFarmers recommendation. eforcecity has a 9.10/10 reseller rating, for those who care, that is a huge rating. He merely offered his opinion on eforcecity cables he has first hand experience with, which is why I visit forums like this in the first place. The price was right compared to monoprice, free shipping to boot, so I am giving it a shot.

What does it matter where you register? Anybody anywhere on the planet can register with any accredited Registrar they want and where they want. It doesn't mean that their company is suspect. It's only when the company itself is registered offshore like many of the major US conglomerates do.

Funchal, Madeira of Portugal is the needle in the haystack. That's just too out there to be an accident. You could look through the domain registrations for 1,000 US companies and not find something that remote. Plus, annual sales of $24M but they have a Yahoo store and a domain registered in Madeira? Too weird...

This is what I am talking about. Take a good look at the construction of the cable and not the "marketing tricks/hype" as you put it:

INSTEN Premium HDMI Cable 1.3b M/M, 3 FT / 1 M, Metal Black

I compared the 25 foot cables between Monoprice and eforcity. Even though eforcity labels theirs 1.3b compatible, I saw no difference in the specs with the Monoprice cable labeled 1.3a compatible. Both are 10.2 Gbps rated. However, Monoprice shows their cable to be 22AWG and eforcity does not specifiy their wire gauge. The price is half at eforcity so they had to cut costs somewhere. I suspect inferior core conductor material will explain that.

Good luck!

Losing satellite signal at night

HD game not available in HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)