6 Month Free HD from Dish DELAYED

I'm gonna be calling E* on this one. I've got AEP 'Almost Everything' + Locals + CBS-HD and HDPak 'prepaid' for 1 year. *sigh* :mad:

I just got an e-mail from customer resolution specalist and was told that if I added the HD today, I couldn't get the free offer on the 1st, even if I cancelled and signed up again

ajohnson said:
Hmm. I just did a Dish it up! promo and received a 510 & a 811. I was told to get the 811 I had to subscribe to the HD Pak, at least for a month. I didn't really quibble about it since I was thinking about getting it anyway. Maybe I'll go ahead and cancel it and see if I can re-up under this promo :p

Won't work. With the DIU you have to keep the HD pak while that 811 is active. If you deactivate the 811, Dish will automatically request the 811 back. And you can't remove the HD Pak with the leased 811 reciever anyway.

ShadowEKU said:
I wonder if fairly new customer on the DHP can get an 811 free or fairly cheap out of it... hmmm

If you're a good paying customer, and have been with the service for at least a year, you'd probably be able to get the DIU for the 811. At least, that's what I'm told. If you're not either one of these, cough up about $415. But look on the bright side, you don't have to have the HD pak if you don't want it ;)

Hd free ?

Yesterday, I found on my porch a box to return my old reciever, and as the installer had already taken it I called to make sure I wasn't responsible for it.

Anyway i asked about this free HD and the Lady checked and she told me there is no promotion for this in August or Sept. she had no info nor was she aware of anything soon.

Just what I'd heard 9.35 est Aug. 26

Tony

CSR's are always the last to know. They don't know about it until it is in their computer.

The 6 Months Free HD Pack promo was announced to dealers the other day in a memo from Dish Network.

WeeJavaDude said:
Well we can hope for JapanTV. I also have this one and is the main reason I have Dish. If DirecTV was to get it, I would consider a switch and make an evaluation at this point. But since no JapanTV, I don't even consider it. The Mother-in-Law would have my head if I took away her JapanTV. :)

tv japan is on 61.5 &121

goaliebob99 said:
tv japan is on 61.5 &121

Thanks for the info, I already have JapanTV on Dish was hoping it would be added to DirectTV so I would have a choice in SAT providers. No JapanTV is a deal breaker for me since I would be with out head if I choose a provider that did not have JapanTV. ;)

and 2 of his area codes are "originals"--old style that didn't have to change when they went to the new system a decade or so ago

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)