622 Just took a crap

MI_GTO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
Mt Pleasant, Michigan
Well, I had a power outage on Saturday and when it came back, my 622 wouldn't boot up. The green light would come on and I could hear the hard disk spinning, but then all the lights blink and it shuts off again. It just repeats this process over and over again and never boots up. Dish is sending me a replacement for the low low price of 14.95 shipping charges. This pisses me off to no end. I had the same thing happen to my 942 a few months ago. Anyone else ever experience this?

The worst thing is when the power flicks on and off about a dozen times. Even when the 622 (and TV and half-a-dozen other things) in the house are off, they aren't really off. My power flickered 5 times in 20 seconds a couple of weeks ago and I heard things trying to reboot all over the house. Lots of clicking noises. Luckily everything came back.

MI_GTO said:
Well, I had a power outage on Saturday... This pisses me off to no end. I had the same thing happen to my 942 a few months ago. Anyone else ever experience this?
Have you contacted the power company about the problem ?? Not sure how this is Dish's problem....

Yeah its a power issue in your area or with how the power is ran in your home..

Best to put a UPS on any device with a hard drive. I use one on my 622 & electrical flickers don't bother it. A $50 300VA is enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)