625 Sat-DVR universal 6 function remotes?

jlaavenger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
625 Sat-DVR universal 6 function remotes?
I bought a One-For-All RF Universal remote but I can't get it to learn TV2 or the blue remote. Does anyone know how I do this? Does anyone know the code for TV2? I bought the remote mainly because it lights up at night. I hate having to turn the light on in bed just to be able to see to change the channel on the satelite or fast fwd the DVR. The 625's remotes should have been 6 function remotes as well. :rolleyes:

If the 625 is like the 522, then you will not be able to use the remote. TV2 only uses RF for control. It does not use infrared, like TV1. The only remote that works on TV2 is the one that comes with it, as far as I know.

Yes it's an RF remote but from the search I did it looks like the remote itself may transmit in RF but only in one frequency. This is done so that the extender box that the remote is sending its signals to can receive those signals and blast them back out in infrared format. So since that RF frequency is likely not the same that DISH remotes use and is probably not changeable you can not use it to control TV2 of your 625 since TV2 can ONLY be controlled via RF.

So what's the solution?

So what's the solution? I never had this problem with Direct TV. Since the installer told me that they made 6 device universal remotes that would work I signed on the dotted line. I feel cheated. Anyone know if Dishnetwork will be offering a Universal Remote upgrade anytime soon. One that lights up and controls 6 devices. I wish they had made themselves compatible with Logitechs Harmony remotes. :(

Thought TV2 was a UHF signal, given the UHF antenna on the receiver and UHF on the back of the button, and the UHF on the blue 2. Or is UHF the same as RF?
RF = R.adio F.requency?
UHF = U.ltra H.igh ?radio? F.requency

but for the life of me there are no uhf remotes out there.

but for the life of me there are no uhf remotes out there. :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)