721 Build w/ DPP Separator Support... When?

jdmcs

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 10, 2005
Charlottesville, VA
Does anyone have any idea when E* is going to spool a new 721 build that includes support for the DPP Separator? I've heard it was going to be in the January release, but January is going to soon be over! :shocked

[Plus, my install date is Friday and I'd like to only have one coax cable running to the receiver... and it be usable!]

Thanks

I believe the DPP Separator is already supported - with the DPP44 switch.

I've seen reports indicating that the DPP Twin LNBF is not yet supported.

I can attest that the DPP Seperator is supported with the DPP44 switch. This is how I have both of my 721's connected. My LNBF is a DishPro Twin.

If it works with the DPP44 why won't it work with the DPPTwin.. what's the difference?

I mean one tuner on one frequency, another tuner on another frequency, seperator splits them... what's the difference in the technology that causes one to work but not the other?

Can't be the 61.5 jumper port.. the DPP44 has that involved as well.

Good thing I already have a DPP44, ready and waiting for the install...

If my balcony mounts arrive this week, then I'll set my 2nd dish (for 61.5) up before my install date, in order to test the DPP Separator, DPP44, and 721. (I have a small amount of stuff to go along with my 2-room FFA equipment.)

It said that it would be added in January. So when february rolls around it should be there 100% :D

If not E* must've been of schedule, but they don't do that... ;)

I received a bulletin stating the fix will be on the next software update.

I thought about this and figured it must be a check switch recognition issue instead of a DPP issue. That's about the only thing not in common with each other.

I've been playing with some DPPTwins and seperators this past week and I must say I'm kind of impressed with the technology. It's basically a Legacy Twin, a DPTwin, a DPQuad and a DP34 all rolled into one. For once Dish created an LNBF to eliminate shelf space.

I have the 721 and a DP34 switch...Can someone explain to me what you are referring to and what I would need to upgrade to? Are you saying I only need 1 coax cable from my dish to my receiver?

Thanks
Dan

I just received word from Dish that the DPP Seperator and DPP44 swtich work fine with the 721. DPP support has been available on the 721 since version L194.

I misread this thread. I thought we were talking about the DPP44 switch and seperator with the 721, not the DPP Twin with the 721.

I asked Dish about this and was told that this software was still in testing. I don't think we will see it by the end of the month.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I thought we were talking about the DPP44 switch and seperator with the 721, not the DPP Twin with the 721.

I was referring to the DPP44 switch and seperator with the 721. I'm not sure where the DPP Twin came from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)