722 top cover

hammerdown

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
Northern California
Looks like 13 years with Dish may be coming to a close soon...

I modified the top cover of my 722 in attempt to cool it down. So when I send this thing back they are surely gonna hit me with some kind of "damage" fee. Just wondering how much? I'm checking eBay for parts, but wondering how much I should gamble? Or maybe the 722 has the same top cover as some PC case??? Anyone know?

Look on ebay for a "for parts not working" 722 maybe you can get one for less than $50 including shipping. Usually there are a few leased units floating around they are happy to unload.

I believe the 222 uses the same cover (80% sure), that will probably get you down to less than $50 using the ebay route.

If your doing a warranty exchange, just swap the covers when you get the new one.

If your cancelling Dish and have multiple units active on your account, try deactivating this unit first and see what happens. If they try to charge you some crazy amount, you can atleast use the threat of cancellation as a way to get them to reduce the fees. Otherwise if your account is cancelled before you send this unit back, they will not back down on the fees.

Looks like 13 years with Dish may be coming to a close soon...

I modified the top cover of my 722 in attempt to cool it down. So when I send this thing back they are surely gonna hit me with some kind of "damage" fee. Just wondering how much? I'm checking eBay for parts, but wondering how much I should gamble? Or maybe the 722 has the same top cover as some PC case??? Anyone know?

Hammerdown. I have a cover you can have. If you'd like to just shoot me about $15 for shipping I'll send it out to you. PM me if you'd like me to send it. Honestly I'd let you have it for free if it wasn't for the shipping.

Oh, and Claude....the 222 is not the same. The cover has slots in it for heat release whereas the 722 has a fan and no holes. Cuts down on noise. Also, hammerdown please verify that its a regular 722 and not the k version. Not positive they are the same size.

Hammerdown. I have a cover you can have. If you'd like to just shoot me about $15 for shipping I'll send it out to you. PM me if you'd like me to send it. Honestly I'd let you have it for free if it wasn't for the shipping...

Nice! Love these forums. I will miss them, way more than Charlie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)