776 error on HR44

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I already had 4 receivers prior to the Genie upgrade, I would guess it should work,
I upgraded last year and never had a problem until I moved the HR24, so maybe it was 2 tuners too many,

Question Since I have 8 way splitter outdoors for 4 receivers and a 2 way splitter for 2 receivers indoors, since 1 of the rooms didn't have a line, then I added coax myself with splitter to feed from the HR24 to a D12 receiver, Is that contributing to this issue?

Yes, if that leg of the swm16 now has more than eight tuners on it.

If I already had 4 receivers prior to the Genie upgrade, I would guess it should work,
I upgraded last year and never had a problem until I moved the HR24, so maybe it was 2 tuners too many,

Question Since I have 8 way splitter outdoors for 4 receivers and a 2 way splitter for 2 receivers indoors, since 1 of the rooms didn't have a line, then I added coax myself with splitter to feed from the HR24 to a D12 receiver, Is that contributing to this issue?

Yes, if that leg of the swm16 now has more than eight tuners on it.

Also, was it a SWM splitter you used inside ?

Update. Tech arrived and moved cables around on the SWM 8 way splitter and SWM 16 and moved the PI to the Genie

I also notice there's 1 cable end unplugged outside that goes to the Genie, Since it's a 2 cable line before SWM upgrade, I'm sure it wasn't necessary to connect on SWM 16

But everything is working fine, although he forgot to change back the HR24 to dual tuner, It doesn't matter I changed it myself

PI is 21 voltage not 29 would there be an issue down the line?

Update. Tech arrived and moved cables around on the SWM 8 way splitter and SWM 16 and moved the PI to the Genie

I also notice there's 1 cable end unplugged outside that goes to the Genie, Since it's a 2 cable line before SWM upgrade, I'm sure it wasn't necessary to connect on SWM 16

But everything is working fine, although he forgot to change back the HR24 to dual tuner, It doesn't matter I changed it myself

PI is 21 voltage not 29 would there be an issue down the line?

YES! The power inserter for a swm lnb is 21 volts, but for the swm switches it should be 29 volts. Get him back there!

Not sure what you mean but he already tested the switch(SWM 16) and receivers and relocate the inserter to the HR44, Since there wasn't anything connect to it previously, other than power to SWM.

You can run a 21v to a switch. It's not designed to but it will work. Since your job is probably case management by now try not to call back for a repeat service unless something actually stops work8ng... your system should function fine now.

I'm not having issues anymore so I don't plan to call, But do you think is a good idea to change PI?
It always worked on my setup so I don't see why.

I'm not having issues anymore so I don't plan to call, But do you think is a good idea to change PI?
It always worked on my setup so I don't see why.
How long have you had this same set up, Genie and the other 4 tuners ?

Would I change the PI to a 29v if this was my set up ? Yes.

Will it cause issues the way it is ? Don't know ...

However, there has to be a reason they went to a 29v with the Genies.
Could be something like the set up required more voltage when covering more recvr/ coax runs/ total distance ...

Not sure exactly what the reasoning is, but an installer will let us know when they see this.

I'm only weary of the 1 hanging cable that isn't plugged to anything in back of the house by the SWM 16
But like I said it's a double coax end, That originally was for a previous HD DVR before the Genie and SWM upgrade
Legacy in other words.

How long have you had this same set up, Genie and the other 4 tuners ?

Would I change the PI to a 29v if this was my set up ? Yes.

Will it cause issues the way it is ? Don't know ...

However, there has to be a reason they went to a 29v with the Genies.
Could be something like the set up required more voltage when covering more recvr/ coax runs/ total distance ...

Not sure exactly what the reasoning is, but an installer will let us know when they see this.
Since last year, Before I had a HR22 but the rest were the same So I had 6 tuners before I replaced the HR22 with HR44.

Since last year, Before I had a HR22 but the rest were the same So I had 6 tuners before I replaced the HR22 with HR44.
So really nothing has changed since last year, so I'm not sure why the issues started, but ya, I would swap out the PI, btw, if your gonna do it, do it yourself, a truck roll is not necessary.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)