83.0w?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

matthewy8

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
Pensacola, FL
Hello everyone, Im new to this forum. Ive got some FTA knowledge just from messing around off and on over the past few years. I'm trying to find 83.0w but I'm having absolutely no luck at all. Also I go to Lyngsat to look up transponder frequencies, but when I actually pull the satellite in on the receiver the transponder freq are different. Nothing seems to match what the website says. Ive got a Coolsat 5000 with factory software and I'm using a Superdish with a single linear lnb. I live in NW Florida and from the looks of the map I should be in the strongest part of the beam. I dont get it. Maybe you guys could help me out.

What is the LO for your Superdish LNBF? Standard linear usually is 10750. Make sure same is input into your receiver in the settings menu.

Also input the transponder 11735 H 4440 for an active TP on that sat. You might be aimed at the wrong sat, that is a busy part of the sky on Ku. Move your dish to peak that transponder. This is likely the TP you will want anyway.
-C.

Last edited:
If it actually is a Superdish LNBF then it's stacked. LO 10750 ~ 13850. Expect low signal strength with that setup. Make sure you skew the dish correctly.
and :welcome to SatelliteGuys

Thank you guys, it is a Superdish LNBF, the oscillator i am using is 10.750. I can find 85.0w easily, but after that all I get is a transponder 121440 15.000ms/s v with no channles. I have no idea what satellite it is coming from, I figured it was probably 83 but Lyngsat doesn't show anything useful to me.

The LNB is "Band-Stacked" If you use only a single oscillator 10750 you only get one polarity. You need to set the LO in the Coolsat for this Band-Stacked LNB.10750~13850. I'm not sure if the CS supports that or how you exactly do that in the menu.

Last edited:
I don't know exactly what you are saying. I can change the LNB type in the Coolsat my only choices are single, universal, OCS (which I have no idea what it is). Universal gives me two oscillators to adjust, OCS also does but the freq is much lower 5.15-5.750. Then single which I had set to 10.750 but I just changes it to 10.050 to see what it would do and did a blind scan. Guess what? RTVE, TUFE, PBJE showed up in my channel list. but the transponder is 12.148 v 4.440. I'm happy I found the channels but now I'm even more confused lol. Any idea?

I understand that it is band stacked(don't know exactly how it works), but I don't know what you are telling me to do.

OCS means One Cable Solution, if memory serves.
In other words, bandstacked.

I would recommend third party firmware v.06 for old Coolsat 5000 or 6000.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/downloads.php?do=cat&id=3
It has some good features and bug fixes, but nothing hacker related.

We had a nice thread or two around here discussing bandstacked usage.
At least one was written or answered by Iceberg, FTA moderator.
Explains frequency offset calculations, LO, and where to find Vertical vs Horizontal transponders.
Info might be 3-5+ years old, but hasn't changed.
I used to promote the threads, so if you can't find 'em directly, look for me posting links. :)

also you can try this out just scan vertical transponders since its band stacked but i recommend getting a round dish 36'' and a standard linear lnb since you are a newbie. when you get used to that then work with the superdish.

Dan Rose

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)