TUFF TV now on 83.0W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes that is the way it works.

I was trying to say is that I do not get too excited about commercials and I do not pay much attention to them. You did not seem to think that attorneys and battery chairs count as real commercials is what I was getting at. I think that they still generate revenue for the station so to me they are still commercials no matter how annoying. There is a night and day difference between "big city" commercials and the ones shown in one horse towns but they all are commercials that keep the lights on at the station. :)
Yes, they generate revenue, but not the revenue that RTV would like. Believe me, they would love to sign on with Nielsen Media Research, but it's a cost they can't afford right now. With real ratings, they could approach what are called "corpies" in the tv ad business....Kelloggs, Procter and Gamble, McDonalds, etc. That's where the real money is.

AMC7 is the Alaskan bird.
correct

Is it just a local station airing in that mux that's up there?
no. The Alaska mux (3760) is still the same 3 channels
-the community board channel....AKA GCI cable channel 1
-360North
-color bars or a GCI logo

and the Anchorage local channels that are COMPEL encrypted so they dont show up on a consumer box scan in most cases

I dont know how many channels are in that DVB-S2 mux but the Alaska station is KACN 38. Its a newer station that is like a public access channel. They have some stuff on GCI 1. They use to use White Springs TV as filler

on a side note (and its old news) KYES 5 (My Network) in Anchorage use to have RTV on a subchannel but when they moved to 87W it got dropped (no line of site)...they were using a feed on 123W...they now use Research Network as a subchannel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts