922 does not recognize satellite

hexed666

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2011
Costa Rica
Hi Everybody,

here is the issue, I live in Costa Rica and we need two individual dishes for the eastern arc 72.7 and 61.5. I use eagle aspen pro with a sw21 switch to combine the signal. I used to have a 222, then a 722 and all was working perfect. Now with the new 922 I can't get the receiver to recognize or identify the 72 satellite. When I do a check switch, it identifies the 61.5 as the second satellite but the 72 only with an X and the channels won't come in. I already tried to do the 72 direct but the receiver won't recognize the satellite. The software is at S116 and everything else is working fine. I remember seeing this problem with both 222 and 722 at first install, but after the software download they recognize the sat and all is good. I believe there is a problem with the software but I am not sure. Does somebody know if the vip922 works well with the eagle lnb's and the sw21 switch ?

any help is highly appreciated
Tx

Do you still have another receiver that you can hook up to be sure that the LNB for 72 didn't go out? If it works on another VIP receiver it "should" work on the 922, but I don't have a setup like yours so can't really help you any.

yes I have

Do you still have another receiver that you can hook up to be sure that the LNB for 72 didn't go out? If it works on another VIP receiver it "should" work on the 922, but I don't have a setup like yours so can't really help you any.

Yes, I did hock up the other receivers and there was no problem, it's just the 922 that gives me the problem.

Hmm, OK. Try disconnecting all the satellite feeds and running check switch (it will likely take longer than normal). Then reconnect everything and running again. Sometimes these receivers need their memory cleared so they can look for something new instead of what was there last.

If I remember right, there is also something screwy about the 922 and linking the remote. Maybe you can try unlinking all remotes, doing a factory reset and then running checkswitch before linking the remotes.

I know this is a few months old, but:

If the 922 has stock software and hasn't been updated it might not show the 72 and will not show the 77 satellites. Have you tried to go ahead and download the software and then do another check switch afterwards? I've had it happen that when installing one it only saw the 61.5, I finished the install and did another check switch after it was all activated and downloaded and 72.7 and 77 came in just fine. In fact every 922 install I have to do that to, mainly from missing 77, but I have seen 72.7 missing also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)