922 News

You can get one for $99.00 thru DISH DEPOT . com

Is it brand new though? I can attest, at least to the seller from Amazon where I got my 922, that it was a brand new receiver.

The only major problem that I have with the 922 I bought is the remotes. They operate on 2.4 GHz, but I live on the top floor in the corner of an apartment building, which is next to another denser apartment building and a mid-rise office building, which means the 2.4 GHz band is completely trashed. In the evening (when every Tom, Dick, and Mary are streaming Netflix on their overcrowded Wifi), the remotes glitch up a lot more and are sometimes so bad as to be unusable in the bedroom. But it's my understanding that the Hopper, and perhaps the 722 also use the 2.4 GHz remotes and would also be affected.

(The 2.4 GHz problem is so bad here that my own Wifi runs on 5.8 GHz, although the router puts out a 2.4 GHz signal as well, it's effectively unusable)

Good question. I find myself asking that same question from time to time. It sure seems that Dish is making the full push towards the Hopper and if the customer doesn't want the Hopper then they get 211z receivers. It's going to take a while to get rid of the 722k since it's such a great receiver but I think the writing is on the wall.

I think there would still be a market for commercial receivers. Maybe a 344 for new nursing home cable installs, which is actually a growth market as baby boomers age, combined with difficulty in some areas picking up OTA (that's why my grandma's nursing home put in a cable system)

Is it brand new though? I can attest, at least to the seller from Amazon where I got my 922, that it was a brand new receiver.

The only major problem that I have with the 922 I bought is the remotes. They operate on 2.4 GHz, but I live on the top floor in the corner of an apartment building, which is next to another denser apartment building and a mid-rise office building, which means the 2.4 GHz band is completely trashed. In the evening (when every Tom, Dick, and Mary are streaming Netflix on their overcrowded Wifi), the remotes glitch up a lot more and are sometimes so bad as to be unusable in the bedroom. But it's my understanding that the Hopper, and perhaps the 722 also use the 2.4 GHz remotes and would also be affected.

(The 2.4 GHz problem is so bad here that my own Wifi runs on 5.8 GHz, although the router puts out a 2.4 GHz signal as well, it's effectively unusable)
I run both my HWS on IR, using Harmony remotes.

I run both my HWS on IR, using Harmony remotes.

I have the 922 in the living room - but I ran a coax to the bedroom so I could watch in there as well, without an extra fee. The remote problems are primarily in the bedroom.

Hopper not starting

HWS - Degradation in performance when all tuners in use

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts