A&E and Dish, the future is now?

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
Is it just my 622, or is the guide info bad for everyone? Storage Wars at 9:30pm(CDT) is showing an original air date of 4-13-11 (episode 17).

Seems possible, since the episode before it is episode 15 on 3-16-11.

Is it just my 622, or is the guide info bad for everyone? Storage Wars at 9:30pm(CDT) is showing an original air date of 4-13-11 (episode 17).

Seems possible, since the episode before it is episode 15 on 3-16-11.
The episodes aren't always shown in order. Has nothing to do w/ E*. There may have been something wrong w/ what was meant to be 16 epi. It's possible that production has some delay in finishing the show.

I kind of liked the thread title. I had hope that the future WAS right now.

Can I just say that this thread, in particular, points out how nice it is to have subscribers to both E* and D* all in one spot? I mean, isolating the issue happened in two posts. That IMHO is pretty sweet.

The episodes aren't always shown in order. Has nothing to do w/ E*. There may have been something wrong w/ what was meant to be 16 epi. It's possible that production has some delay in finishing the show.

Absolutely, and I have confirmed this in the past as I had advance knowledge of such last minute change in episode airings, especially switching the first episode with a later episode as the premier episode because the network thinks it a better, stronger episode to start off.

Also, sometimes MTV (along with others) will often have an official premiere date for one of their shows, but they unofficially, with no advertising or other notices, sneak preview air it days before with the future original air date in the EPG. Sometimes they just have time to fill. This was also the case with several back-to-back episodes of The Verminators that first was aired on an early Sunday morning (HUH?) but with the "future" official air dates on the EPG.

This is all due to the producers and content providers not Tribune or Dish.

I'll just add for amusement that the original air dates on BBC America are often confusing as they will have the original air date in the EPG the US premier date when it first airs for the very first time on BBC America. Then on subsequent airings of the same episode weeks or months later, they original air date in the EPG is the UK premiere date. A difference of a number of years, in some cases. I don't know who is really responsible for that.

I checked tvguide.com (they have their name in the guide) and they had the episode correctly list as new, and showed it's air date as that day. Checked Zap to it (tribune media) and their information was faulty, just like dish, and apparently Direct. Somehow I don't think it was an A&E problem.

My favorite guide glitches are when the titles just have ... in them. i.e. I once called to find out what movie was actually playing since the guide actually only said, Harry Potter and the... The CSR at the time didn't understand why that would be a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts