A&E Network Group Streaming

Correct. They gave away free rokus durning the amc dispute so fans could still watch their amc. Lose less customers that way.
True and I think they've used Roku as a promotional incentive for DishWorld as well. I still don't see why they'd approve the other devices to the exclusion of Roku. Or, maybe the hangup is A&E? I know about what it's worth but, Dish online forum staffers say it's coming but no idea when. I guess if it happens, it happens & if not, oh well. I'm still waiting on AFTV to get off their butts & update the WatchEspn app that everybody else got weeks ago.

Matt did say that it's possible that Roku was not included in the deal, for A&E streaming. Truth is, they do not know, as the contracts are confidential.

"

Re: A&E Network Group Streaming
by peggyrh » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:41 pm

Is it possible that the agreement did not include Roku streaming?
Peggyrh
2-HWS/Joey User
peggyrh
Re: A&E Network Group Streaming
by Matt G » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:46 pm

peggyrh wrote:Is it possible that the agreement did not include Roku streaming?

It is possible but any agreements are confidential so we do not know.
Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media Representative
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 11a-10p MT; Off Saturday/Sunday/Wednesday

It would be nice if either Dish or A&E would just simply say one way or the other. I've had no need for the Apple device but it's the same price as Roku 3 or AFTV so, not a huge deal.

On a side note, I've been checking the approved list daily while waiting on this to resolve. For several days last week, Dish also showed up approved for AFTV. I checked and while Amazon does offer some A&E group content, they have never actually had the channels - only a few cherry-picked shows & mostly for a charge even with Prime. After several days, AFTV is nowhere to be found, only Roku, X-Box 360 & Apple TV. Strange stuff.

Being the persistent sort, I dug around for the corporate contact information and fired off an email to Dish office yesterday. Reply was instant but the respondent (who's name I won't mention) had some initial confusion as to exactly what the problem was. After exchanging a few emails back & forth until he understood what precisely I was asking he then said he'd determine the status and get back to me.

He just did so today and said Roku users will have A&E group access via Dish login by the end of the month. I'll take him at his word at least, he was definte in response to the question which is more than anyone else so far.

Well, I'm not sure how, but a&e streaming via roku has been working for at least a week for me.Used dish as my provider, using roku3.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well, I'm not sure how, but a&e streaming via roku has been working for at least a week for me.Used dish as my provider, using roku3.

Interesting. How did you manage to choose Dish to log in, it doesn't appear for others in the A&E provider list for Roku.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 130
Danged if I remember how I did it, but its still working as of this morning.Charter hsi and Dish sat service, on roku3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts