A New OpenBox Firmware

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mine seems to be still working great also. Interesting how it will not load on some boxes, not surprised though since it seems they are made in a few different factories.

I loaded via rs232 and loader v2.0.0F and the receiver was deader than dead.
I then loaded via rs232 with loader v2.0.0c and it booted fine.Looked like the previous 2012 firmware.

I tested this new firmware and with my S9 it worked good except for the lip sync issues, Reels, Ion, and a few of the PBS channels all had a large delay with the lip sync. I ended up going back to the 12-7-11 firmware. Over all It seems to work good with my S9 and 2 other family members s9 boxes. Freeze ups are an issue and the dish moving flag is a bother all the time. I have found any firmware after the 12-7 the lip sync is messed up for the boxes I have. All of the boxes I have were bought from dealers that do not sell clones. As we know it sure varies from one unit to the other.

This going to be the nice thing about the microHD. All the same units. :) Even the non-clones of the openboxes are made in different places.:rolleyes:

Loaded this version {6/18/12} this morning and found out that the channel delete button does not work. Anyone else have this problem?

AL

Loaded this version {6/18/12} this morning and found out that the channel delete button does not work. Anyone else have this problem?

AL

I thought the same thing at first, but the channel delete button works just fine on mine, once I figured out the menus. The last firmware I had in there was Skybox, or something like that. With that firmware I could get in the channel editor, then see the channels in like a little picture in picture screen, then select them from there, and delete the ones that were scrambled or not itc. I really liked that feature. Haven't noticed that feature in the firmware related to this thread. But it does seem like it's scanning in a few more signals than the prev firmware I was using.

Everything in channel editor works ok, but when I selected the channels and highlighted the trash can, Hit OK and nothing happens.

Maybe I just need to reload and see if that takes care of the problem.

AL

Everything in channel editor works ok, but when I selected the channels and highlighted the trash can, Hit OK and nothing happens.

Maybe I just need to reload and see if that takes care of the problem.

AL

Reinstalled firmware and channel delete is working now. Hopefully everything else installed correctly this time.

AL

The last firmware I had in there was Skybox, or something like that. With that firmware I could get in the channel editor, then see the channels in like a little picture in picture screen, then select them from there, and delete the ones that were scrambled or not itc. I really liked that feature. Haven't noticed that feature in the firmware related to this thread. But it does seem like it's scanning in a few more signals than the prev firmware I was using.
that feature disappeared back with the dec 2011 firmware

I thought the same thing at first, but the channel delete button works just fine on mine, once I figured out the menus. The last firmware I had in there was Skybox, or something like that. With that firmware I could get in the channel editor, then see the channels in like a little picture in picture screen, then select them from there, and delete the ones that were scrambled or not itc. I really liked that feature. Haven't noticed that feature in the firmware related to this thread. But it does seem like it's scanning in a few more signals than the prev firmware I was using.

That picture in the editor is a must for me. One of my first complaints was where is that? My other receivers had it...how else am I supposed to delete dead defunct channels? Memory? Not likely.

Nice looking CAT , Al....
smile.gif

Thanks for noticing. She's my retired buddy, and spoiled rotten.

AL

That picture in the editor is a must for me. One of my first complaints was where is that? My other receivers had it...how else am I supposed to delete dead defunct channels? Memory? Not likely.
Oh, would I LIKE THAT! Unless they enable seeing the channel about to be deleted, I'll stick with the DEC2011 FW. I have only minimal "issues" such as the AV sync problems on a couple of TP's. It's only locked up once in the last 6 months. Even turns itself back on after a power outage on the channel I left it. (although, the clock has to be reset:(. )
Maybe I'd use it if, after a timer recording, it stays ON?

the receiver with the 10-10-2011 firmware stays on after a timer recording and the receiver doesn't have to be off for the timer to record.I set the time with gmt usage on,then turn it off to keep sats from screwing up the time.
The only issue I had with the old firmware is the daily recording function failed,it just recorded once instead of daily(as set).

that feature disappeared back with the dec 2011 firmware

Why would they get rid of a cool feature such as that? This new firmware is definitely scanning in signals the older firmware wasn't. But I have to wonder if it's worth losing this video feature in the channel editor? Who is in charge of these firmwares? Couldn't we email them requesting to put this feature back in with the latest firmware? If this video feature was still there, this firmware related to this thread would be pretty close to perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Trust me, I hear you. The other day after installing this firmware I rescanned AMC 18 C Band. A bunch of encrypted channels scanned in as ch1, ch2, ch3, etc. But there's actually 3 or so of them that are ITC. My memory is probably worse than yours. I can't remember if it was ch8, or ch20, etc, that was ITC..lol. Even if I wanted to rename the ITC chs first, I still can't recall from memory whether it was ch8, or ch20, etc, that was ITC. Yep..I need that channel editor video feature back. No doubt.

Who is in charge of these firmwares? Couldn't we email them requesting to put this feature back in with the latest firmware? If this video feature was still there, this firmware related to this thread would be pretty close to perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Good question, there has not been any official firmware for this openbox series since December. Anything after that is firmware that individuals have made themselves. They are more concerned with getting out the next model to make more money.:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)