Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheBUDGuy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2015
Lexington, KY
Hello all.

First of all, let me start off by saying that I'm a new member. And that I am very new to the world of FTA satellite. Though, I am learning quite quick about it. So far, believe it or not, I have no questions, but I may think of some. But here is a question about a satellite; the SES 1. I understand there is a Me-TV 1 and a Me-TV 2 feed. What is broadcast on the Me-TV 2 feed? That's all. And thanks for letting me become a part of the FTA family.

EDIT: By the way, I have also acquired a new (well, not exactly new) dish. It a C/Ku compatible mesh dish. Tha diameter measure 10', which I think is great! I acquired it from one of my relatives who said he bought it around 1993 and hasn't used it since 1999 or 2000.

:welcome2 TheBUDGuy to SatelliteGuys!

METV 2 channel carries alternative programs for markets to fill the time slot if they do not have the rights to broadcast the program that is on the METV 1 feed. Often a program has been sold to a competing station in the market and the METV affiliate cannot broadcast the show.

Enjoy the hobby! Sounds like you have a great project ahead with the 10' mesh!

:welcome2 TheBUDGuy to SatelliteGuys!

METV 2 channel carries alternative programs for markets to fill the time slot if they do not have the rights to broadcast the program that is on the METV 1 feed. Often a program has been sold to a competing station in the market and the METV affiliate cannot broadcast the show.

Enjoy the hobby! Sounds like you have a great project ahead with the 10' mesh!
Thank you! I was really happy when I found out the dish was 10' because from what I've read, those dishes are the perfect size for picking up broadcasts, besides 12' dishes.

GREAT username! WELCOME to Satelliteguys!

You'll love it here, and FTA fun as well. Many folks just like FTA for the quality that networks render via satellite vs. the local affiliates. I'm one of those people.

You've landed in the right place for helpful people and polite answers!

Welcome aboard!

GREAT username! WELCOME to Satelliteguys!

You'll love it here, and FTA fun as well. Many folks just like FTA for the quality that networks render via satellite vs. the local affiliates. I'm one of those people.

You've landed in the right place for helpful people and polite answers!

Welcome aboard!
Thank you sir! I've been told that quality via FTA is better than OTA. From what I've seen, it sure is. I still have to put up my dish because we disassembled it. I've also ordered a new receiver and a new LNBF that is C/Ku compatible. Also, my local TV market here in Lexington doesn't have some OTA networks like Heroes & Icon, Movies!, or Decades, all on SES 1. That's just one reason I wanted a dish.

Welcome to FTA and SatelliteGuys !

Which reciever and LNBF combo did you order?
Thank you! The receiver is a GeosatPro Micro HD and the LNBF is by WS International. The listing on eBay reads “NS741U C & Universal Ku Band Single Output Satellite Dish LNB C/Ku LNBF HDTV New”.

NOTE: I haven't ordered the LNBF yet, but I will in the next day or so.

Thank you! The receiver is a GeosatPro Micro HD and the LNBF is by WS International. The listing on eBay reads “NS741U C & Universal Ku Band Single Output Satellite Dish LNB C/Ku LNBF HDTV New”.

NOTE: I haven't ordered the LNBF yet, but I will in the next day or so.
Welcome to our forum :) In case you don't know already WS International has gone out of business. even though their website is still active (unethical?) though nothing gets delivered. The e-bay vendor may not really have the product available. Read here for details: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...ms-with-galaxy-marketing.349876/#post-3665199 It might save you some hassle. Titanium LNBFs are fairly well regarded as an alternative.

Reactions: Titanium
Welcome to our forum :) In case you don't know already WS International has gone out of business. even though their website is still active (unethical?) though nothing gets delivered. The e-bay vendor may not really have the product available. Titanium LNBFs are fairly well regarded as an alternative.
Thank you. Are their LNBF's C-Band only? Is so, how or where could I get a LNBF that does both C & Ku?

EDIT: I probably may not get a C/Ku LNBF, since I'll mostly be on SES 1 C band mostly.

Yup! still in use. No reason to change it has been found. Got other fixed dishes for 'problem' satellites.
To compensate for weight run a couple of guy wires from it to the center of the dish.

Thank you. Are their LNBF's C-Band only? Is so, how or where could I get a LNBF that does both C & Ku?

EDIT: I probably may not get a C/Ku LNBF, since I'll mostly be on SES 1 C band mostly.
The NS741 is for both C and KU. But I agree with FaT Air about getting a separate dish for KU.

As beavs2112 said, don't order from WS International (lights on but no one home there).

Welcome to SatelliteGuys TheBUDGuy glad to have you on board!!

Yes, like others have said I would go with the Titanium C1-PLL LNBF it is C-Band only, but I think you will be much happier.
Just add another dish for ku later.

The NS741 is for both C and KU. But I agree with FaT Air about getting a separate dish for KU.

As beavs2112 said, don't order from WS International (lights on but no one home there).
Thanks for telling me. Also, a question: are there more wildfeeds on C band or Ku band?

They are about equally dispersed. It's just the 'type' that seems more prevalent on one band or the other.
snippets on ku and events on C. IMHO

Welcome to the world of FTA TheBUDGuy and enjoy your new dish. There is a great group of folks here on this forum, with probably centuries of experience if you add it all together.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)