Add sound to Huntington Pier Live Cam

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
This is not a new trick, but of lately the South pier went south.
Most have seen the live cam shots of the Huntington Beach Pier. You could add sound by editing in the audio pids from WCPE, classical music from Raleigh/Durham on the same TP.
Wejones gave me the new numbers that work for both North and South.

103 Ku

North pier 11942 V 20000. v5154 a5417 p5417

South pier 11942 V 20000. v4642 a5417 p5417

The main change here is that the pcr pid has to match the audio pid.

These can be easily keyed in with the MicroHD remote.

Fun!

Last edited:
Been doing that all along with my receivers for a long time.
Nice symphony music to go along with the waves breaking on the beach.
Mixing up the audio and video PIDs can can make for interesting combinations sometimes...
*"South pier went south"? Looks the same here..

Made the adjustment and fixed the audio problem and the freeeeeeeze in the video.
Thanks, Jim.
Sure nice to have the program that lets you pull files out of the S9, adjust them in the computer, and dump back to S9 without any thumb drive use.
If the Micro was compatable with the rest of my system, I could do that from the remote! Sad.

RT

Most have seen the live cam shots of the Huntington Beach Pier. You could add sound by editing in the audio pids from WCPE, classical music from Raleigh/Durham on the same TP.

103 Ku

Fun!

Cool, I will try this. :)

These feeds are also broadcast into Europe on a transponder all to themselves at 22W.

For your Openbox you will have to use an external editor. If your AZ box, ask in the AZ forum.

I may have misunderstood your original post but I was actually asking how to do it on the microHD. I have only found a couple of screens that I can even see the pids, and then I can't figure out how to edit them.

Don't have much experience with channel editors, I know I need to learn and actually did a while back on the Openbox for the music/beachcams. Was hoping that it was possible just to do a manual pid change with the microHD remote for this one though, thanks.

To create this with the microHD, add a channel manually in the transponder screen by entering the PIDs.

Use the VPID, APID and PCR values provided by Pixl in the first post.

How do you get to the "transponder screen"?

I tried going to the TP List for 103W, and attempting to add a tp but am not seeing the pids displayed, or a way to add or edit them.

I also tried going into the Channel Manager -> TV Channel List, then I can see the pids displayed but not seeing a way to add or edit pids there.

Of course I can also see the pids displayed when I hit the Info button twice.

I know I am missing something simple here. :eek:

103 Ku

Fun!

menu
TP List
highlite desired TP, enter
highlite scan mode, right arrow over
this is where the pids hide
Nice!

Panavision, I recall back in 1986-87 I had a Drake receiver, 10 ft. chickenwire fiberglass dish and cheap lnb. One of the Telstar sats (T1?) carried telephone calls. You could hear only one side of the conversation. I had bought a book by Mr. Cooper that described how to tune those transmissions.

Kinda like tuning an analog receiver to a different audio subcarrier back in the day. Remember 5.8 / 6.2 / 6.8? Plus I've read that you could hear comms on some subcarriers.

yup. Remember those on the analog stations. Always funny to see audio carriers on adult channels.
World Harvest (when analog) use to put all their audio stations that way....subcarriers

ok, i tried to do the editing but it always goes back to the original pid. i tried entering in the same 11942 and i thought i was answering it with a new one but probably didn't do it right. when i change the pids using the tp scan, it always scans the tp and has the original pids. charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.