Adventures in Dish Hunting 2009

Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
I had thought I saw where someone had started a new dish hunting thread for 2009, but maybe I was hallucinating. :)

Dish Hunting has been, and I guess always will be my favorite sport. You get to ride around in a nice warm vehicle in the winter, and nice cool vehicle in the summer.

From late autumn until early spring is the best time of the year for this sport. Once the leaves are gone, dishes in the wild are much easier to spot.

I hope this is an encouragement for everyone to get out there and start looking. You never know what you might find, and you never know what kind of equipment might come with the dish you find.

So get out there and start hunting. Post pictures and finds here for anything you personally find, and of course we want to see and hear all about what you actually bagged and brought home. :cool:

This year I hope to nab a couple of C-band dishes near our cabin. Also there is one (looks like a 10 footer) on a bar near my house that is facing straight east and at 40 degree angle....so we know that one aint being used ;)

I think I got the first dish of the new year, lol. yesterday, on my way into town I stopped at a dish I had been driving past for along time. I knocked on the door & a elderly lady answered the door. I asked her , Are you using that old old dish out back? She came right back with, No, do you want it? This is a very common answer that I like hearing! It is a Winegard 10 ft, I think a older Pinnacle series in very good shape, I have not taken the feedhord cover off yet, but will as soon as it is on the ground later today. This is it, lol. I dont need any more BUD's for now, I have 10 10 footers & the 6 ft for now. I hosted 3 of the pics I took, since I cant upload here today for some reason. More pictures to follow, Guy.
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

The Winegard Pinnacle is a fine dish. Very deep with almost no side-lobe or terrestrial interference.

It will do a great job for you.

Nice find!!

BTW, Good Luck Iceberg and Gabshere!!

Happy Hunting!

I did start this thread a few days ago, but it vanished for some odd reason.
When I move out to colorado I plan on having a BIG dish farm Im talking one 30 footer 3 12 footers and 4 6 footers, and many little 36"ers . But that will be around 5 years from now.
How many dishes are there out west, im talking the southeast area of colorado, its sparse out there.

Birdview spotted...

.... and only about 20 miles from home.!.
Heck, I could walk that far with it on my back! - :D

And a hearty congrats to No Doubt - :up
I think the Pinnacle will do you better than the Paraclipse you found last week.

Attachments

• 01-03-09_1522.jpg
    01-03-09_1522.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 446
  • 01-03-09_1525.jpg
    01-03-09_1525.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 454
Nice find Anole, you do the knock & announce yet?

I think the Pinnacle will do you better than the Paraclipse you found last week.

Beautiful!!!

And only 20 miles away. It's kinda like it dropped into your lap. :)

I have had that happen to me more than once. :D

I wanna see that thing in your back yard in a couple of weeks. :cool:

Ready to watch and read your every move. :eek:

I think I got the first dish of the new year, lol. yesterday, on my way into town I stopped at a dish I had been driving past for along time. I knocked on the door & a elderly lady answered the door. I asked her , Are you using that old old dish out back? She came right back with, No, do you want it? This is a very common answer that I like hearing! It is a Winegard 10 ft, I think a older Pinnacle series in very good shape, I have not taken the feedhord cover off yet, but will as soon as it is on the ground later today. This is it, lol. I dont need any more BUD's for now, I have 10 10 footers & the 6 ft for now. I hosted 3 of the pics I took, since I cant upload here today for some reason. More pictures to follow, Guy.
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
No Doubt, that's a fine dish. And a Good Find..!!

Hey Lizard, lucky you..... I hope? You didn't say you were getting it, but if you do, I'll come and watch (and only watch) if you walk 20 miles with it on your back. You would certainly prove to me, that you are one tough Critter....

Thats one HEAVY dish those winegard 10 footers. I took me and 3 other well-built people to lift that thing on the mount.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)