Adventures in Dish Hunting 2009

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is my find for 2009. I hope I can get it .

Attachments

• IM002019.JPG
    IM002019.JPG
    416.9 KB · Views: 357
  • IM002020.JPG
    IM002020.JPG
    461 KB · Views: 283
  • IM002021.JPG
    IM002021.JPG
    374.5 KB · Views: 244
  • IM002023.JPG
    IM002023.JPG
    305.4 KB · Views: 297
  • IM002024.JPG
    IM002024.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 259
  • IM002025.JPG
    IM002025.JPG
    387.7 KB · Views: 270
  • IM002026.JPG
    IM002026.JPG
    272.6 KB · Views: 274
Thats a nice find! I was reading some birdview ad-scans last night, if thats a 10 footer, its the highest gain dish of them all.

That also looks like it has a run-of-the-mill c-band lnb instead of DNLA that is obsolete.

Good Luck

Nice find Lonewolf and it is a beautiful dish. Looks like the center hole in the scalar has already been milled out for a co-rotor.

My Electronics neighbor stopped by when walking his dog and told me about a Birdview he saw a couple of days ago. Sent me a google map with directions, so I went out to take a look this morning. The support arms have been un-screwed, and the feed-horn/scalar is missing, but that's not a real problem since I have one just like it and can make everything if needed. :)

I certainly don't need the dish, but since a feed-horn/scaler will need to be made for it, the dish might work out very nicely as a fixed C-Band dish with two or more LNBFs. They are very flat dishes, and I know for certain they can get good signal off the side. :eureka

I also went out and retrieved my two Primestar dishes I spoke about above. One turned out to be a 75e, and the 84e will need a little repair on the support arm, but it shouldn't be a problem.

I know where there are a few more, and may go get them in the next week or two weather permitting. :D

Here are the pics:

foley-birdview.jpg foley-birdview-back.jpg foley-birdview-rear.jpg

pstar-75e.jpg pstar-84e.jpg

You guys are hitting it hard already & its is only the the 4th of Jan, lol. Both of them Birdviews are nice. I have yet to see one or a Primestar for that matter, Guy.

No one was home ware the birdview was so I stoped in at the neigbors house hoping to get contact info. When I told him that I wanted satellite dishs he said I have two Huges net dishes that you can have. Sweet.:up

Attachments

• pics 100.jpg
    pics 100.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 285
  • pics 101.jpg
    pics 101.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 214
Well since I started the thread, and got to thinking about it, I figured why not get out there and see what I can see. :)

Dang Linuxman that's a nice dish. I've just about decided if I can find another one I am gonna get it.

Parts. ;)

Dang Linuxman that's a nice dish. I've just about decided if I can find another one I am gonna get it.

Parts. ;)

That's exactly what I was thinking too. Parts!!!

If I can figure out a way to get the reflector mounted on a spare unimesh or Perfect 10 ring mount and set it up for a fixed dish, I can have the Birdview mount for spare parts. :)

Nice score LW, did you get the contact info? I would check with the other neighbor, you may even good some more dishes, lol.
No one was home ware the birdview was so I stoped in at the neigbors house hoping to get contact info. When I told him that I wanted satellite dishs he said I have two Huges net dishes that you can have. Sweet.:up

I spotted this 7 1/2 foot mesh polar mount in the country, at a house that had burned. The dish was about 60 foot from the house. News Years day I went out and inquired about the owners name and phone number, and call when I got home. The lady told me to go get it, so Friday morning January 2, I went out and took it down and had it loaded in the truck , tied down and ready for the 30 mile trip home. The mesh is in good condition, and checked for warpage and it is good. The actuator work great. It has a Calif. Amp dual polarity lnbf, but I have an analog receiver that I can use to operate the actuator and change the H/V polarity. I have a couple of Coolsat 5000 for the digital signal.The brand name of the dish looks lie Odom, I haven't seen that listed here. I'm looking forward to setting this baby up and enjoying it.

This is how we haul BUD's in washington State!

3 miles from home, no problem, lol. I made it w/o nothing happening. I just took the back way, Guy.

Attachments

• DSC08930.JPG
    DSC08930.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 307
  • DSC08928.JPG
    DSC08928.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 290
Last edited by a moderator:
dang nice old ranger, guess they dont use salt where you live?

that wildblue antenna is ka, wonder if there would be someway to jerry rig it so you can get 99/103?

Thanks, it is a 1987 with 192,000 miles on it & still running strong. It cleans up real nice as well. They use sand out this way.
dang nice old ranger, guess they dont use salt where you live?

that wildblue antenna is ka, wonder if there would be someway to jerry rig it so you can get 99/103?

good move

No doubt you were lucky you didn't get nailed for overdimensional load there, lol.
Very nice looking dish!

I'm going to get busy and start looking harder myself, I think I could use another c-band to park on THIS-TV.

There is a storefront for rent that I have looked at recently that when the LL walked me through to show me the place I may rent out he mentioned he had about 7 old C or K band satellite dishes in the basement I could take so he didn't have to get them hauled off.... I didn't know anyone would want these things so I said "no thanks"

well if you can get them they would probably be a good find :)

There is a storefront for rent that I have looked at recently that when the LL walked me through to show me the place I may rent out he mentioned he had about 7 old C or K band satellite dishes in the basement I could take so he didn't have to get them hauled off....

Status
Please reply by conversation.