Adventures in Dish Hunting 2009

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for the heads up Anole.

Rather than to try fiddling around with the Prodelin, I'd rather try to get a polar mount for a six foot stationary Fortec.

Went dumpster diving around 6am this morning to save a 1m primestar. Saw the arms and lnb sticking out. Piece of property abandoned and for sale, someone had just dragged everything out to a trash dumpster by the curb. Had to completely disassemble it to get it in my car. Times like this I really miss my truck. It has some damage to about a 4 to 6 inch area in the lower part where they cracked it trying to force it into the dumpster, but it should be an easy repair. Other than the slight damage, it was fully intact and has the separate h & v output lnb. Will try to clean it up this weekend and get some pics. With the storms coming thru right now, mother nature may help me out with cleaning.

10ft Zenith BUD on eBay item 150371463150 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Bid is at zero bids at $34.99. 3 days to go. He doesn't mention what receiver he has.

These are good dishs and easy to disassemble and transport since since they break down into 8 section with ony a couple small wrenches (1/4-20 bolts). I have one Zenith and one Wingard and they are identical. The mounts are great since they have easy elevation and declination adjustments and referance scales. You could haul one of these in the back of a mini van or larger hatchback/SUV or wagon.

I hope someone can grab this one. I don't need anymore and on the 'left' coast.

Steve

10' dish at $35 sounded interesting, but its only the LNB that's for sale. Checking the auction, it has the following notice.

DISH IS SHOWN SO YOU KNOW WHAT THE DISH LOOKED LIKE ONLY. DISH IS NOT BEING SOLD, ONLY THE LNB.

I think your right, but if your in the area, I'll bet you could get him to throw in the dish as well. The way I understood the listing, he wasn't listing the dish because of the cost or complications of shipping it.

If you look closely at the LNB, I think you will see that it is only a C band. Can't say for sure, but the two dishes I got were both C Band as well as another LNB and mount I took from another dish that was missing the mount.

Right now, I wish I had a replacement Ku LNB for my 3 meter solid BUD. (see my other posts).

Steve

10' mesh, come and get it!

I have to give up at least one dish. This 10' "KAUL-TRONICS' mesh is on the ground and I don't have any plans to set it up again. I'm afraid it will get damaged over the winter. It is in pretty good condition with a very heavy mount and actuator. I'm using the CorotorII+ now with my solid dish. However, I can throw in another C band (only) feed horn/scalor and the original button hook mount.

I got this off Craigs List about 6 months ago from an old fellow in Redmond WA area. I had it set up and working on C Band until I found the 3 meter solid I'm now using. Plus I recently was given a Wingard and a Zenith, each 10' and otherwise identical. Someone has spoke for one of these and I have (of course) selected the other for my second BUD.

Back on topic. There was someone on this forum who was from Western WA and was interested in this 10' mesh. I beat him to it but I would like to offer him first chance if he come forward and is still interested.

This dish is all one piece and is heavy. I hauled it in my F150 /w a 6' bed. A trailer might be better since even with is standing at an angle, it still hung over the side of the truck bed. I would be willing to help load it and haul it on my trailer if in the seattle/olympia area or west, or as far south as Vancouver BC..

Come get it before some tree drops a lime or more on it.

Steve :D

Contact me with PM and I'll give you my phone # and more info an my location.

Attachments

• P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 132
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 121
  • P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 138
find this dish a home:

Paging RVpop?

He's up your way, and likes those, last I heard.
Okay, I just PM'd rv1pop. Hopefully he still check in from time to time.
I know he was setting up a real cable head-end for his retreat.
Maybe this'll help out.

Or, wasn't there another Washingtonian...?
edit:
Paging No Doubt !

PM'ing him now.

Last edited:
RVPop has already contacted me and I'm holding one of the Zenith/Wingard dishes for him.. I can hold on to those since the one I'm holding for him is disassembled and should be safe for the winter storms.

Steve

Every time I see good pix of those Zenith dishes and their mount, I want one!
They're really pretty.

Glad you got RV1pop all covered.! - :up
Thanks for being such a good friend.

Maybe No Doubt or another local will pop up and get to partake of your generosity.
Thanks again. - :cool:

I've been fortunate enough to have the fellows here find and point out dishes for me.
What comes around, goes around. - :D
I tried my best to get Pro96's wonderful Paraclipse hydro-formed 8' dish over to Qwert1515, but that fell through.

Thanks for thinking of me. I might be able to get the one that already has my name on it in the next two weeks as I am going to SeaTac to see my new GREAT-grandson! I do not yet know how things will work out. I do not plan on pulling my trailer over.
I do not think I can get one that is still together... Moving over the mountains can get hairy and expensive. Had SNOW last week in the pass! It did not stick, but ... still a little hard to drive in that stuff. Ninety-five degrees one afternoon and snow the next. But that is Washington weather.

Hey Anole, It is only about an 18 to 20 hour drive from your place to Steve's! Come and get it!

Hey RV1POP, Looking forward to meeting you. The dish is almost completely dissembled. It can be reduced to 8 sections, from the 4 that it is in now, in about 10 minutes.

I also have 3 different feed horn/LNBs to select from. These are button hook mounted. There is also the mount assemble as well.

Drop me a PM when you know when you want to pick it up.

Steve

My Primestar 1.0 #2

I was riding shotgun with my GF today, we were going to buy a Nextel Blackberry for my neighbor. We turned down the wrong street and I was just looking out the window, all the sudden I yelled STOP! Brook nails the brakes, expecting the end of the world. I am out of the Suburban and already knocking on the front door, by the time she has it in park, lol. The lady that answered the door was more than happy to let me take "that old dish", but could not understand why I wanted it. She remembered using it, back in the 80's. 2 hrs later and I am the proud owner of my 2nd PS 1.0! I am going to point this one at 83.0°W.

Attachments

• DSC05580.JPG
    DSC05580.JPG
    505.2 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC05579.JPG
    DSC05579.JPG
    771.9 KB · Views: 142
Prime Star

Thanks for the report and story. And for the pictures. Now I know what to look for.

I could use on in place of the "pizza pan" for my FTA receiver.

No problem Steve, you may even want to post a ad on craigslist, looking for one. Nice to see you again yesterday, sorry I had to run, next time Brook and I will head south, lol.
Thanks for the report and story. And for the pictures. Now I know what to look for.

I could use on in place of the "pizza pan" for my FTA receiver.

Has anyone heard of a Viewmor dish. It's an 11 footer and in good shape. The thing I like about it is, the base has long bolts to drive into the ground and a leveling plate so no concrete. The guy says it won't move after it's set. Don't know anything else about it yet.

I know what you're saying AC. I've been watching this dish for 6 months and it hasn't moved. It's on the flat land in Ohio with no woods for a mile to the west. So, I'm going to give it a try.

Beef -
Tell us more about it.
Get a few pictures where it stands.
Haul it home and shoot some pix setting it up. :up
Frankly, I'm thinking it's bolted to a big chunk of concrete below ground level! :eek:

Anole
That's what I thought too, but the owner assured me it is not. I'll get some pics and send them on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.