AL Central 2010

Wow, I just about made a huge blunder ....

I was playing around with the Standing for different years to look up the Atlanta thing (only went back to '02) and then hopped in this thread. then went to look and see what Arizona has done this year and found that Arizona was in FIRST place in the NL West .. !!!!
Then I realized I was looking at ' 02 still .... :eek:

Proof how much different the NL is :

Dontrelle Willis was 1-2 with a 4.98 ERA this season for Detroit, but has been 1-0 with a 1.80 ERA for the Diamondbacks.

Edwin Jackson is 3-6 with a 5.18 ERA, but has gotten on track of late. He was 1-3 with an 8.08 after an eight-run outing May 2 at Wrigley Field against the Cubs, but has posted a 2.49 ERA in his last three starts.

Proof how much different the NL is :

Dontrelle Willis was 1-2 with a 4.98 ERA this season for Detroit, but has been 1-0 with a 1.80 ERA for the Diamondbacks.

Edwin Jackson is 3-6 with a 5.18 ERA, but has gotten on track of late. He was 1-3 with an 8.08 after an eight-run outing May 2 at Wrigley Field against the Cubs, but has posted a 2.49 ERA in his last three starts.
Just as long as they serve up meatballs for the Tigers sluggers this weekend I could care less if they are both candidates for the Cy Young.

I was just trying to let others see how they were doing since leaving.
It's really a no win situation for players who are traded...if they continue to stink the fans will support management's decision to get rid of them, and if they do better the fans will state the players were shirking.

Anyway, I've got business in town Monday and Tuesday but I may be town tomorrow so I can catch a Sunday game at Comerica Park. I see that Galarraga is taking the mound to face off against Dontrelle "Jimmy the Clerk" Willis this evening - should be a good one.

Austin Jackson remains out for the Tigers ... possibly back tomorrow.

The injury is not good, but he needed a break anyways, his avg was dropping steadily.
Hopefully he'll come back strong and rejuvinated and ready to finish the season !

Willis went 5 innings and walked 4 and gave up 5 runs on 5 hits.

5-5 tie going into the 7th in a game that the Tigers NEED to win as the Twins are getting beat tonight, otherwise you look back and see a game the Tigers should have won that got away (there have been many) at the end of the year when you miss the playoffs by a game or two.

WEEI's Dennis and Callahan to be simulcast live on NESN

Don't look now, but Steve Lavin is making St. John's relevant again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts