AL CENTRAL

250px-Michaelmyers2007.JPG

The Twins are VERY resilient- I think it would be fitting to bring up this picture that Bill put up last year.

Still not thrilled with the outcome, but I will say two things:

I don't think the Twins or the Tigers would beat the Yankees in 5 games this year.

2nd - That game tonight was the most entertaining and exciting night of baseball I've watched in a LONG time, and I watch alot of baseball, not just the Tigers.

Any baseball fan should have enjoyed that game.

The real hard thing to swallow now, Illitch was estimated to be $20M in the red with this years team, before playoff revenues, which now don't exist. I think it is going to be an ugly offseason, with only small dollar signings, and a weaker team in 2010 for Detroit, excluding Verlander who should see a long term contract soon to lock him up for a while.

On a slightly more positive note, my wife is happy that we just got a $1500 refund for my postseason tickets, for games I won't be going to see.

How big is Detroit's collapse going to rank?

Worse than the Mets of recent years?

To call this a collapse is an injustice to what the Twins accomplished.

They won 17 of 21 to take this title. They did this without Justin Morneau. They played their asses off.

Back to the game: Possibly one of the best games I've seen in a long while. It had it all; dramatic catches, big hits....it was the ultimate chess match between two great managers. I wish the outcome was different, but that's baseball. Last night was baseball at it's finest.

Now the bad:

What was Granderson thinking when he got doubled up at third with one out?

Raburn should have just kept the ball in front of him, instead of trying to make that catch.

Why was Porcello occupied with a runner on first with 2 out?

I hate second guessing Leyland, BUT, why didn't he pinch hit for Laird with the bases loaded?

Congratulations to the Minnesota Twins - AL Central champs.

I'll have more to say when I write my final season grades. This will be an interesting off season, as the Tigers have a few areas to address.

They won 17 of 21 to take this title. They did this without Justin Morneau. They played their asses off.

Back to the game: Possibly one of the best games I've seen in a long while. It had it all; dramatic catches, big hits....it was the ultimate chess match between two great managers. I wish the outcome was different, but that's baseball. Last night was baseball at it's finest.

Now the bad:

Raburn should have just kept the ball in front of him, instead of trying to make that catch.

I hate second guessing Leyland, BUT, why didn't he pinch hit for Laird with the bases loaded?

I'll have more to say when I write my final season grades. This will be an interesting off season, as the Tigers have a few areas to address.

I'm sorry but Jim Leyland is not a great manager. His teams choke more often then they win.

Now the bad:

Good post you level headed son of a gun, you! :)

I'm sorry but Jim Leyland is not a great manager. His teams choke more often then they win.

Leyland did everything he could. He doesn't play the game, just manages it. What did you want, a Knute Rockne speech? The tiger's are woefully under-talented at a few spots, and the rest of the team under-achieved all season. This title wasn't lost yesterday, it was lost in any of the 70 plus games they lost in April, May, June, etc.... given the talent on this team, Leyland was lucky to get them this far. He has forgotten more about baseball than anybody here will ever know about the game. He is highly respected by others who know more then we do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)