AL CENTRAL

Are the Tigers falling apart ?

3/5th of the rotation are the only reliable ones and they got hit this time around, but that happens from time to time, can't have your good/great stuff all the time.

But the offense has yet to show up, normally you would expect it to pick up when the weather gets warm, but it's getting close and the Tigers O is Non Existent ....

At least at this point ...

Indians lose 3 in a row, Tigers lose 4 in a row!

The past 3 Tribe losses have been hard to swallow. I am sick to my stomach in thinking that we could be within 3.5 games of first place had we won these past 3 games!!!!!

Are the Tigers falling apart ?

3/5th of the rotation are the only reliable ones and they got hit this time around, but that happens from time to time, can't have your good/great stuff all the time.

But the offense has yet to show up, normally you would expect it to pick up when the weather gets warm, but it's getting close and the Tigers O is Non Existent ....

At least at this point ...

We usually don't collapse until August. The wheels are turning in Dobrowski's office. They're will be a couple of trades next month. Ilitch is on record that he isn't to afraid to increase the payroll. Hell, he's 80 yrs. old, it's his kids money that he would be spending anyhow.

Is there anyone that cannot hit Gallaraga anymore? this guy gets his team down 3 in the very first inning, they fight back to tie it up and then he proceeds to give the lead right back..

This guy is a joke now!!!!

For all of Galarraga's pitching problems in that game, they still won 10-4.

Oh, and the Indians/Cubs game- all I have to say is oh, ye god.

HD is going to activate Volcano Mode!

vulcan-krakatau.jpg

Yeah, I don't see how they can keep running Galarraga out there. Time for him to spend a little time in Toledo. I'm no great Miner fan, but I think he'll give us a better chance to win each time out.

What's Ryan Perry's background? Ever done any starting? I'd like to see what he could do every fifth day. (My apologies if this has already been addressed - I'm new to the thread.)

Yeah, I don't see how they can keep running Galarraga out there. Time for him to spend a little time in Toledo. I'm no great Miner fan, but I think he'll give us a better chance to win each time out.

What's Ryan Perry's background? Ever done any starting? I'd like to see what he could do every fifth day. (My apologies if this has already been addressed - I'm new to the thread.)

Welcome to the forum/thread !

Perry has been optioned down to Toledo already.
Someone I do not know is starting Saturday (4 pm) and I think Leyland was talking Minor to start after that.

Is Minor taking Gallaraga, Bonderman or Willis's spot, we still need more pitchers, unless we finally do what I've been saying for a year or two, go back to the 4 man rotation.

Verlander, Jackson, Porcello and To Be Named, Minor at the moment.
Then your only going in with 1 unknown spot.

Jimbo

Well this Figaro kid looks nice..He is hitting 92-97 on the fastball with pretty damn good movement, and his slider has been unhittable..Leyland already said he is going to use him again his next start in the rotation. So before I say yea he may work I gotta see him a few more times, but he certainly has very good stuff..

Miner appears to be better suited out of the pen in my opinion..

Well this Figaro kid looks nice..He is hitting 92-97 on the fastball with pretty damn good movement, and his slider has been unhittable..Leyland already said he is going to use him again his next start in the rotation. So before I say yea he may work I gotta see him a few more times, but he certainly has very good stuff..

Miner appears to be better suited out of the pen in my opinion..

I agree with your comments, but I thought the other night Leyland said Figuro would only be a spot starter in this instance because Minor would not be ready to pitch on Saturday.

That said, let's see what he can do for a few outings, could be this years Gallaraga ?

Lets hope..Because if Armando gets his act together and this kid can stick..It looks good..
The funny thing is we have a rookie leading in wins..That is with Verlander having a cy young season and Jackson not far behind.

Welcome to the forum/thread !

Perry has been optioned down to Toledo already.
Someone I do not know is starting Saturday (4 pm) and I think Leyland was talking Minor to start after that.

Is Minor taking Gallaraga, Bonderman or Willis's spot, we still need more pitchers, unless we finally do what I've been saying for a year or two, go back to the 4 man rotation.

Verlander, Jackson, Porcello and To Be Named, Minor at the moment.
Then your only going in with 1 unknown spot.

Jimbo

My mistake, I thought I read that Perry was optioned to Toledo the other day, seeing he's pitching today, I guess that was incorrect, after the way he pitched, he might still make that trip. :eek:

To correct my post .....
Perry WAS sent down to Toledo last week, but came right back up when Bonderman went on the DL .... I knew I heard he was sent down :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts