Amiko D-8/1 question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So here's some results...
I ordered two of the splitters and received them in the mail today.
SAM_6205.JPG

I decided to test both of these to see if they would indeed split.

To test it out, I used an ohmmeter to send current across the various ports. Unfortunately, the port side port (left 'OUT' port in the photo) was the only port that passed current. It would pass current IN to OUT and OUT to IN. I verified this by using a 20v SWM power inserter and again only power on the left side port. This occurred on both splitters.

So, I decided to take a peak under the hood of one of the splitters. Looking around, it appears like maybe the circuit for the right port wasn't completed (left side of splitter near the OUT port).
SAM_6209.JPG

I'm no electronics expert, but it looks like the problem may be where the ohmmeter probe is pointing... It appears that the wire should be soldered instead of being free, maybe?
SAM_6213.JPG

Bad soldering sounds plausible in my head, but then what are the chances two of these have the same issue? So, if the splitter has faulty soldering, then one from a good batch may work.

So here's some results...
I ordered two of the splitters and received them in the mail today.
View attachment 109848

I decided to test both of these to see if they would indeed split.

To test it out, I used an ohmmeter to send current across the various ports. Unfortunately, the port side port (left 'OUT' port in the photo) was the only port that passed current. It would pass current IN to OUT and OUT to IN. I verified this by using a 20v SWM power inserter and again only power on the left side port. This occurred on both splitters.

So, I decided to take a peak under the hood of one of the splitters. Looking around, it appears like maybe the circuit for the right port wasn't completed (left side of splitter near the OUT port).
View attachment 109849

I'm no electronics expert, but it looks like the problem may be where the ohmmeter probe is pointing... It appears that the wire should be soldered instead of being free, maybe?
View attachment 109850

Bad soldering sounds plausible in my head, but then what are the chances two of these have the same issue? So, if the splitter has faulty soldering, then one from a good batch may work.
Thanks for posting your results. :) So far the only thing I've found that works is my 'high-tech' solution of combining three coax cables into a home-made splitter. Been testing it since August 30th with no issues. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts