An Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ScoBuck - can you confirm or deny with your contact as to whether this is a D10 hardware problem (spot beams affecting CONUS beams), or an authorization issue (hitting each account with a script that updates them to SEE the new channels)? <--two most prevailant theories on the net today

ScoBuck - can you confirm or deny with your contact as to whether this is a D10 hardware problem (spot beams affecting CONUS beams), or an authorization issue (hitting each account with a script that updates them to SEE the new channels)? <--two most prevailant theories on the net today

As I mentioned in the OP, I will try to speak to him again tomorrow and get further updates. I reported what I was told.

I think people calling D* every 5 minutes isn't going to get the channels switched on any quicker. They'll be on when they fix the problem, which I hope is by friday. :cool:

Just got a call from D* we were all wrong they we are going to get 150 SD channels by the end of 2007.
This is in stark contrast to the statement yesterday from the President and CEO of DIRECTV saying that there would be 90+ channels by year end.

Activity on my Account Today:

09/19/2007 xxxxxxxx8177 Sports HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00
09/19/2007 xxxxxxxx8177 Cinemax HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00
09/19/2007 xxxxxxxx8177 Starz HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00
09/19/2007 xxxxxxxx8177 HD Access $-8.33 $0.00
09/19/2007 xxxxxxxx8177 HD Access $8.33 $0.00

A billing/authorization issue sounds about right.

okay, im a newbie, but why not launch the new channels ands fix the billing issue ove rthe next few weeks. Just asking....

I think when you apply for a CSR position for D* the first question they ask: Are you a convincing liar? Question 2: Can you give information that no one else in the department said or knows about? If these answers are yes you can work for D*

I KNOW the first HD channels will go live on 9/23, since it has to coincide with autumnal equinox.

:p

Setting aside satellite or accounting problems, there is NO excuse for the lack of communication from D*.

Customers should not have to rely on "friends in high places", "a little bird told me", or any other than offical announcements. Communications are vital, and the lack thereof - unprofessional and a slap in the face to subscribers.:mad:

Setting aside satellite or accounting problems, there is NO excuse for the lack of communication from D*.

Customers should not have to rely on "friends in high places", "a little bird told me", or any other than offical announcements. Communications are vital, and the lack thereof - unprofessional and a slap in the face to subscribers.:mad:

1000% correct

C'mon, guys. You've been waiting for new HD for two years now. What's another day, or another week, or even another month going to matter?

I am also getting tired of reading the "there are no problems here" posts from unofficial spokes people.

If DirecTV has something to say, they should say it themselves.

I read a post by the unofficial spokesperson at another site seeming to claim that all this uproar was caused by the document that was posted here. (note I did NOT post the document)

What the unofficial spokesperson did not comment on was how for the last week DirecTV CSR's were the ones spreading this information to callers. It was not SatelliteGuys nor the leaked document which got folks all riled up, but instead it was DirecTV instructing their CSR's to give out this information which caused this mess.

I should also note that I was the one who posted early last week that there were problems with the DirecTV 10 Satellite, it was the spokesperson and others there who jumped on me and said I was not reputable. (Oh no there is nothing wrong with the satellite... Almost sounds to me like... Oh No there are no Americans Here.

bb.jpg

We will continue doing what we are doing, reporting what we hear, both the good and the bad. We are not here to kiss butt or make friends, we are here to provide YOU with the best satellite news talk and information.

Thank you to everyone who hung out with us today, we hope you will stick around and enjoy the difference that makes SatelliteGuys unique.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)